ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

validity of ielts for pbs dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jijushy
Newly Registered

validity of ielts for pbs dependant

Post by jijushy » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:41 am

i am currently on tier 2 visa and planning to apply for ILR in Jan 2015.My wife who is currently on a dependant visa would be applying at the same time as a dependant. She passed IELTS IN 2012 WITH 7.5 BUT DIDNT HAVE TO USE IT FOR ENTRY CLEARANCE.
Can she use the same IELTS for proving english language for ILR or is it not valid anymore as 2 yrs have passed.
Pls advice

WR1

Re: validity of ielts for pbs dependant

Post by WR1 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:57 am

Was the IELTS taken in the UK?

I had to write directly to the Home Office for clarification in acceptance of an expired IELTS certificate. The response I was given was that as long as it's been used for a previous application, it was fine to use again. If not, then as long as it was taken in the UK and is on the OFQUAL register, it can also been used.

However, they could not guarantee its acceptance if not used previously and not taken in the UK.

Best option, I would just have your wife do another test (such as ESOL which has no expiry date) just for the sake of a peace of mind (that's what I had my Mrs do as I'm in the same boat)
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Re: validity of ielts for pbs dependant

Post by fielddrive » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:14 am

So it seems that you have had to use it atleast once to make it valid for any further applications.