ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Happy28

Spouse visa extension

Post by Happy28 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:49 am

Hi All,

My spouse visa (2.5 year) will be expired in June 2015, and I am wondering when is the earliest time to be allowed to file the extension application ? I will need to find another job in January, so worrying that the 5 months visa will have the impact on my job hunting. Does anyone know that if I can file the extension application 6 months earlier. If possible, I really want to file my extension application in December.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa extension

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:00 am

Not possible. If the spouse visa was issued outside of the UK the earliest you can apply is 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of your entry. If it was issued in the UK then the earliest application date would be 28 days before the visa expiry date. Any application submitted before this would be refused and you would lose your visa fee.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Happy28

Post by Happy28 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:11 am

Casa wrote:Not possible. If the spouse visa was issued outside of the UK the earliest you can apply is 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of your entry. If it was issued in the UK then the earliest application date would be 28 days before the visa expiry date. Any application submitted before this would be refused and you would lose your visa fee.
Thanks !!

mythbust
BANNED

Post by mythbust » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:30 pm

[quote="Casa"]Not possible. If the spouse visa was issued outside of the UK the earliest you can apply is 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of your entry.[/quote]

Hi Casa,

My spouse visa was issued outside of the UK and have 30 months. Does this mean I can apply for an extension after 24 months?

Thanks in advance for your kind consultancy.

Cheers

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:02 pm

If you do, you will be short of residence during your next extension period. You won't speed anything up by applying early as you need to complete 5 years before qualifying for ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.