ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:32 am

[

[/quote]
It is correct that your dependents will need to apply through FLR (M) since they arrived prior to 9th July 2012 therefore I believe they will need to show maintenance requirements only and not the financial requirements.
Download the latest FLR (M) form and guidance form which will guide you through the whole process. You will also need to show english language requirement for your spouse and cohabiltation documents that you both are living together atleast for the last 2 years. However, once your wife get dependant of settled person visa through FLR (M) form she will need to complete 5 years in the UK first to be eligible for ILR and all her previous stay will be disallowed by HO.

If you kids were born here then you do not need to include them in FLR (M) instead you can register them as a British citizenship.[/quote]

Hello you are right to some extent. Irrespective of when your dependent came to the UK the rules have changed since they were your dependents on Tier 1 which is point base system then you have to meet the financial requirements and english requirements as well.
And all the time spent in the UK resets to zero which means the time for your wife to gain ILR will be 5 years from when she receive her approval for FLRM[/quote]
Agreed with you. everyone has to show financial requirements regardless of their entry in the UK. Cheers

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:39 am

@2015App

continue on a blank piece of paper and attach it with your application

Bigboy86

Post by Bigboy86 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:32 am

hi everyone
my timeline is as follows
PLEASE SOMEONE UPDATE THE DRIVE

Application sent: 13-10-2014
Acknow received: 18-09-2014
Biometric received: 10-11-2014
Biometric recorded: 13-11-2014
Approval date: AWAIT (ISNHALLAH)

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO IS WAITING
PLEASE REMEMBER US IN YOUR PRAYERS

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:50 am

2015App wrote:Hi,

I am filling the application from set(LR). I have came across the situation where both of the address field do not make my five year address history. what shall I do to show the five years address ?

Thanks
Make a copy of the address page in the application form and fill it with your other addresses and leave a note on the secrion that says please give other information in support of your application saying that you have included an extra page of the address section to accommodate your other addresses completing 5 years address history.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:56 am

Bigboy86 wrote:hi everyone

@Bigboy86 Updated on Drive. ;-) I have updated acknow date to 18/10/2014 and not your date ;-) good luck

Bigboy86

Post by Bigboy86 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:05 pm

maddysheffield wrote:
Bigboy86 wrote:hi everyone

@Bigboy86 Updated on Drive. ;-) I have updated acknow date to 18/10/2014 and not your date ;-) good luck

thank you brother
that is exactly what is was
miss typed

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:41 pm

Hi guys, I've just come across something that's really bugging my mind now. I've applied for Set (LR) on Sept 15, 2014. Just waiting now but I just saw some queries regarding the address in Set (LR) form! Well for B14 and 15, I've put my Home address for B14 where I've been living for a year and half and B15 I've put down my previous address where I lived for one year. Reading the question then, it didn't occur to me that all previous 5 years addresses may be necessary! Now I see some or most of you guys added duplicate page and gave all 5 years addresses. So is that a problem? I mean the question clearly doesn't say to provide addresses for all previous 5 years! I'm a bit apprehensive now. Has anyone experienced this before? Got approved? Please do let me know, I need some peace of mind badly. I applied for my wife's FLR(M) recently and it clearly mentions to give addresses covering past two years but Set (LR) was not clear at all! Worst case scenario will the request for further information or reject the application because of this? My application is hopefully pretty straightforward. Thanks guys.

18august2014

Post by 18august2014 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:38 pm

Hello.

I agree that the instruction is ambiguous. I had a quick look at the immigration rules (https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... tion-rules) but could not find anything directly relevant.

My view is that there is no harm in supplying the additional information and you can do so via a letter to the Home Office. You could then explain that the form was not clear on whether the applicant is required to submit a total of five years of address history or only two sets of addresses as per the space provided on the form. You can perhaps also mention that you are providing this information in good faith in case it is required. Your application may not have reached a caseworker yet and the letter will be on file should they require it.

In my opinion, it is unlikely that your application will be rejected on the basis of lack of supply of information, albeit it may just be delayed whilst they do further checks or contact you. The Home Office would have your previous addresses in any event based on your previous applications.

All the best.
shasus7 wrote:Hi guys, I've just come across something that's really bugging my mind now. I've applied for Set (LR) on Sept 15, 2014. Just waiting now but I just saw some queries regarding the address in Set (LR) form! Well for B14 and 15, I've put my Home address for B14 where I've been living for a year and half and B15 I've put down my previous address where I lived for one year. Reading the question then, it didn't occur to me that all previous 5 years addresses may be necessary! Now I see some or most of you guys added duplicate page and gave all 5 years addresses. So is that a problem? I mean the question clearly doesn't say to provide addresses for all previous 5 years! I'm a bit apprehensive now. Has anyone experienced this before? Got approved? Please do let me know, I need some peace of mind badly. I applied for my wife's FLR(M) recently and it clearly mentions to give addresses covering past two years but Set (LR) was not clear at all! Worst case scenario will the request for further information or reject the application because of this? My application is hopefully pretty straightforward. Thanks guys.

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:44 pm

18august2014 wrote:Hello.

I agree that the instruction is ambiguous. I had a quick look at the immigration rules (https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... tion-rules) but could not find anything directly relevant.

My view is that there is no harm in supplying the additional information and you can do so via a letter to the Home Office. You could then explain that the form was not clear on whether the applicant is required to submit a total of five years of address history or only two sets of addresses as per the space provided on the form. You can perhaps also mention that you are providing this information in good faith in case it is required. Your application may not have reached a caseworker yet and the letter will be on file should they require it.

In my opinion, it is unlikely that your application will be rejected on the basis of lack of supply of information, albeit it may just be delayed whilst they do further checks or contact you. The Home Office would have your previous addresses in any event based on your previous applications.

All the best.
shasus7 wrote:Hi guys, I've just come across something that's really bugging my mind now. I've applied for Set (LR) on Sept 15, 2014. Just waiting now but I just saw some queries regarding the address in Set (LR) form! Well for B14 and 15, I've put my Home address for B14 where I've been living for a year and half and B15 I've put down my previous address where I lived for one year. Reading the question then, it didn't occur to me that all previous 5 years addresses may be necessary! Now I see some or most of you guys added duplicate page and gave all 5 years addresses. So is that a problem? I mean the question clearly doesn't say to provide addresses for all previous 5 years! I'm a bit apprehensive now. Has anyone experienced this before? Got approved? Please do let me know, I need some peace of mind badly. I applied for my wife's FLR(M) recently and it clearly mentions to give addresses covering past two years but Set (LR) was not clear at all! Worst case scenario will the request for further information or reject the application because of this? My application is hopefully pretty straightforward. Thanks guys.
Thanks 18august2014. It certainly soothes the nerves:) I am thinking along the line you've mentioned and currently writing the covering letter. I'll post it tomorrow morning. How do you recommend I provide the addresses? In blank A4 paper? or on that particular page of the application form by duplicating? Which version of the form to use? the one I used originally or the latest version? Actually I'm planning to do all three! Just to be on the safe side. I appreciate you response and other responses and advice welcome as well. All the best with your application.

ali45

Post by ali45 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:59 pm

salaam everyone
I got my biometric today and enrolled it as well date 21/11/2014.kindly put it on timeline thanks.

18august2014

Post by 18august2014 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:02 pm

My view is that you can provide the information in any way as long as it is clear and responding to the information required (i.e. full address and dates). If you are typing the letter, that should be clear enough so repeating the information in three formats is unnecessary and would only slow down caseworkers.

Given that the version of the form has changed since you sent your application, I would simply send the information on white A4 paper or within the letter itself if it fits within the page. Remember to quote the necessary information for the Home Office to track your application (refer to the form guidance notes).

All the best.

shasus7 wrote:
18august2014 wrote:Hello.

All the best.
Thanks 18august2014. It certainly soothes the nerves:) I am thinking along the line you've mentioned and currently writing the covering letter. I'll post it tomorrow morning. How do you recommend I provide the addresses? In blank A4 paper? or on that particular page of the application form by duplicating? Which version of the form to use? the one I used originally or the latest version? Actually I'm planning to do all three! Just to be on the safe side. I appreciate you response and other responses and advice welcome as well. All the best with your application.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:05 pm

@18august2014 did you hear from the HO then or not?

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:06 pm

ali45 wrote:salaam everyone
I got my biometric today and enrolled it as well date 21/11/2014.kindly put it on timeline thanks.
updated @ali45

good luck

Siko

Post by Siko » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:31 pm

Somebody missed about my timeline data they write down
Application 17/08/2014
Acknowledgement 13/08/2014
Bio matric 03/09/2014
Recorded
03/09/2014
Vary to ILR

Correct info is

application 07/08/2014
Biomatric 03/09/2014
Recorded 03/09/2014
Vary to ILR

Somebody correct info plz
Waiting for decision ring to home office still pending

K4

Post by K4 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:39 pm

hammad14 wrote:Hi all,
Actually i am a silent member of this forum and have applied for my ILR in the first week of june, today i have received a letter from the home office saying that they can't decide my application until march 2015, has anybody else received such letter or in the same situation as me ?

thanks
hi hammad14

did you use TOEIC, TOFEL or EMD certs in the past or now to get points for english?

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:09 pm

Siko wrote:Somebody missed about my timeline data they write down
Application 17/08/2014
Bio matric 03/09/2014
Recorded
03/09/2014
Vary to ILR

Correct info is

application 07/08/2014
Biomatric 03/09/2014
Recorded 03/09/2014
Vary to ILR

Another reason why people should refrain from making changes as it could inadvertently lose or change others data. I have fixed this for you now @Siko

Siko

Post by Siko » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:11 pm

fielddrive wrote:
Siko wrote:Somebody missed about my timeline data they write down
Application 17/08/2014
Bio matric 03/09/2014
Recorded
03/09/2014
Vary to ILR

Correct info is

application 07/08/2014
Biomatric 03/09/2014
Recorded 03/09/2014
Vary to ILR

Another reason why people should refrain from making changes as it could inadvertently lose or change others data. I have fixed this for you now @Siko

Thx for u r help

tuhin

Post by tuhin » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:37 pm

Dear Seniors,
Please help me by giving answers of my following queries:

1. I'm going to apply for ILR in Jan 2015, my last IELTS expired last month, I can remember last year someone in here mentioned UKBA accepts expired IELTS for ILR purposes. Do I need to sit for IELTS again??
2. Do my wife need to sit for IELTS as UKBA will not give her ILR? she has been with me for last 7 years.

Please please let me know. Many Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Tuhin :? :? :?

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:41 pm

tuhin wrote:Dear Seniors,

1. I'm going to apply for ILR in Jan 2015, my last IELTS expired last month, I can remember last year someone in here mentioned UKBA accepts expired IELTS for ILR purposes. Do I need to sit for IELTS again??
2. Do my wife need to sit for IELTS as UKBA will not give her ILR? she has been with me for last 7 years.

Kind Regards,
I think HO can only accepts expired IELTS if they have already accepted it in your previous application. If you have never used it in your previous applications you should give them a new test result.
Yes your wife will also need to show her English test result as a part of her ILR application if she is eligible for ILR at a minimum level of B1 in speaking and listening modules.

ali45

Post by ali45 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:52 pm

Hi i just wana tell u that in my previous T 1 App i only provided 3 years information which is actually the same in ILR app so my visa was approved and then did,nt ask for five years history and now in my ILR app i did the same so i think u will be fine with that thanks.
Regards
Hi guys, I've just come across something that's really bugging my mind now. I've applied for Set (LR) on Sept 15, 2014. Just waiting now but I just saw some queries regarding the address in Set (LR) form! Well for B14 and 15, I've put my Home address for B14 where I've been living for a year and half and B15 I've put down my previous address where I lived for one year. Reading the question then, it didn't occur to me that all previous 5 years addresses may be necessary! Now I see some or most of you guys added duplicate page and gave all 5 years addresses. So is that a problem? I mean the question clearly doesn't say to provide addresses for all previous 5 years! I'm a bit apprehensive now. Has anyone experienced this before? Got approved? Please do let me know, I need some peace of mind badly. I applied for my wife's FLR(M) recently and it clearly mentions to give addresses covering past two years but Set (LR) was not clear at all! Worst case scenario will the request for further information or reject the application because of this? My application is hopefully pretty straightforward. Thanks guys.[/quote]

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:08 pm

tuhin wrote:Dear Seniors,

Kind Regards,
if you have previously proved english skills using the IELTS, then you can continue to use the same cert for your ILR

if you're wife has not previously proved english skills, she will need to prove english by means of an approved language test

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:34 pm

@18august2014, thanks mate. I've just posted a next day delivery with a covering letter for additional information and clearly listed all the addresses of past 5 years in A4 sheets with From to To dates and Duration. Hope there will be no more issues regarding this. My prayer and best wishes for you and everyone else in the forum:)

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:37 pm

ali45 wrote:Hi i just wana tell u that in my previous T 1 App i only provided 3 years information which is actually the same in ILR app so my visa was approved and then did,nt ask for five years history and now in my ILR app i did the same so i think u will be fine with that thanks.
Regards
Hi guys, I've just come across something that's really bugging my mind now. I've applied for Set (LR) on Sept 15, 2014. Just waiting now but I just saw some queries regarding the address in Set (LR) form! Well for B14 and 15, I've put my Home address for B14 where I've been living for a year and half and B15 I've put down my previous address where I lived for one year. Reading the question then, it didn't occur to me that all previous 5 years addresses may be necessary! Now I see some or most of you guys added duplicate page and gave all 5 years addresses. So is that a problem? I mean the question clearly doesn't say to provide addresses for all previous 5 years! I'm a bit apprehensive now. Has anyone experienced this before? Got approved? Please do let me know, I need some peace of mind badly. I applied for my wife's FLR(M) recently and it clearly mentions to give addresses covering past two years but Set (LR) was not clear at all! Worst case scenario will the request for further information or reject the application because of this? My application is hopefully pretty straightforward. Thanks guys.
[/quote]

Thanks brother ali45 for your kind reply. That's what my understanding as well but just sent a covering letter and all the addresses to Home Office as additional info just in case! You never know with these people. Remember us in your prayer as I'll do the same for you.

meghankit

Post by meghankit » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:06 pm

dear friends
i requested my 10yrs info from HO and they have sent it to me

i just want to know if anyone else has sent these info and does it help HO to take decision on ILR
PLEASE let me know
also
ANYONE KNOWS ABOUT the refund for the one of the application if you are varying the leave to ILR.
I applied for student visa and then vary my leave to ILR, can i get refund for student visa fees?
plz advice

REGARDS

Siko

Post by Siko » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:31 pm

meghankit wrote:dear friends
i requested my 10yrs info from HO and they have sent it to me

i just want to know if anyone else has sent these info and does it help HO to take decision on ILR
PLEASE let me know
also
ANYONE KNOWS ABOUT the refund for the one of the application if you are varying the leave to ILR.
I applied for student visa and then vary my leave to ILR, can i get refund for student visa fees?
plz advice

REGARDS
Hi
I applied for student visa and then vary my application
To LR when the HO take decision on LR application
They will automatically return it to u
If HO doesn't return it after u get u r LR ring them for refund 406 pounds they will do it
So don't worry abt it
Thx