ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English requirement - naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mahetus1

English requirement - naturalisation application

Post by mahetus1 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:44 pm

I applied for NARIC Level of English assessment for my 4.5 years bachelor degree course in physiotherapy fully instructed in English. (awarded by University registered at Mumbai)

Even though, I am working in NHS as a physiotherapist on the basis of that degree, NARIC opined that it does not meet CEFR level C1 requirement.

1) Did anyone has success / experience of appealing against their opinion?

2) What would be the next easiest and quickest option for English requirement for naturalisation based on 5 years residence as a tier 1 dependent?

Thanks in advance.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: English requirement - naturalisation application

Post by fwd079 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:46 pm

mahetus1 wrote:I applied for NARIC Level of English assessment for my 4.5 years bachelor degree course in physiotherapy fully instructed in English. (awarded by University registered at Mumbai)

Even though, I am working in NHS as a physiotherapist on the basis of that degree, NARIC opined that it does not meet CEFR level C1 requirement.

1) Did anyone has success / experience of appealing against their opinion?

2) What would be the next easiest and quickest option for English requirement for naturalisation based on 5 years residence as a tier 1 dependent?

Thanks in advance.

Experts can tell you about point 1, the easiest for point 2 is to take ESOL 3 test.

I'll await more replies.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:56 pm

2. How many points does the points based calculator give you? Otherwise you need a letter from the University (will probably take a while) or write a B1 English exam (quicker).

mahetus1

Post by mahetus1 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:17 pm

Thanks members for reply.

No points in PBS Calculator.

Also, one need only B1 equivalent and not C1 for the naturalisation - NARIC can confirm that it does not meet C1 level but no mention of any other level !!

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:33 pm

I think the problem is you now have to get a SoC for your degree and a letter from the university. I think it'll be quicker and possibly cheaper to write an approved B1 test.

mahetus1

Post by mahetus1 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:51 am

Thanks for reply.

I have requested NARIC to consider atleast B1 equivalent certificate for the degree.

For original application, I uploaded transcript including university statement stating that course was taught in English and UK NARIC has confirmed that in their letter.

Let us see what reply I get!!