ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing jobs when in applied

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pak101
Newly Registered

Changing jobs when in applied

Post by Pak101 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:06 pm

Hi all,
My spouse applied recently for the UK spouse visa from Pakistan, and I don't know when it will be processed. When I applied, I had been with a company for over 6 months, so I gave that compan'ys contact details in the form through category A
I want to move to another company but I'm worried that if I move to another company, and the visa people try to contact the current company, it will say that I no longer work there. This might cause issues with the application.
Does it matter if I switch jobs or is it better to stay at the current company?

Thanks

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: Changing jobs when in applied

Post by MPH80 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:20 pm

Unless it's really necessary to change job - I'd stay put. You're only likely to cause more confusion by switching.

The rules say it's your position at point of application that matters but I don't think I'd want to take that chance on a phone call to the old employer.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Changing jobs when in applied

Post by Obie » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:19 pm

A person should not have to miss out on an opportunity of a good career prospect on the basis that the spouse visa application will be refused.

Provided the new position provides the income threshold or above, the person could inform the Secretary of State of the changes.

In those circumstance, the Secretary of State will have no basis, in any event, the person may well qualify under Cat B in those circumstances.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors