ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

question about bank statements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

matthymeine

question about bank statements

Post by matthymeine » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:09 pm

urgent plz my wife give me in summer , bank statements from january to june , she thought she gave me till july , she got august , sep, octobre, and july we dont have it , is it ok if there s a month missing , we dont have time i am applyin 27 nov :(

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: question about bank statements

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:06 pm

If you apply with a month missing the application will be refused.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

matthymeine

Post by matthymeine » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:17 pm

Casa wrote:If you apply with a month missing the application will be refused.
my wife she just printed online one from july , but it's not stamped or signed :( :(

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:25 pm

It must be stamped by the issuing bank or it will be rejected. I suggest if you're short of time that your wife gets the issuing bank to stamp the online copy and she then sends it to you by courier, DHL as one example.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

akhan48

Post by akhan48 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:26 pm

Unfortunately that won't be sufficient. If it's a copy it needs to be stamped by the bank as a minimum.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:56 pm

I've already said that. :?
(Casa, not CR001)

matthymeine

Post by matthymeine » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:26 pm

Casa wrote:I've already said that. :?
she said it looks the same from my online account , she wants to send it to me as a print one , i dont think that i ll pay 900 pounds to get a refused visa , because of this

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:15 am

Don't risk it. Entry Officers are trained to spot documents that aren't original. I'll suggest again, get the issuing bank to stamp the copy and have it sent for a few pounds by courier.
(Casa, not CR001)

matthymeine

Post by matthymeine » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:05 pm

Casa wrote:Don't risk it. Entry Officers are trained to spot documents that aren't original. I'll suggest again, get the issuing bank to stamp the copy and have it sent for a few pounds by courier.
thank u Casa , she woke up this morning she took dayoff work to do it and sent everything , she stamped it from bank , now it's a relief :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:02 pm

Good. We have a saying 'Better safe than sorry'!
(Casa, not CR001)

matthymeine

Post by matthymeine » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:12 pm

Casa wrote:Good. We have a saying 'Better safe than sorry'!
Yeah true thanks for your support , i made my wife read ur reply then she believed :)
and she sent documents today via royal mail she paid extra money for fast arrival , because she couldnt find DHL delivering where i live

matthymeine

Post by matthymeine » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:24 pm

Is it OK if the aliment of my wife i ll apply with my app for financial requierement , a certified copy from lawyer , do we need original ??? they just did it by lawyer, they didnt go through court or CSA , her -ex was fine to do it , do we need original ?? :| :|

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:41 pm

The legally certified copy you have will be fine.
(Casa, not CR001)

matthymeine

Post by matthymeine » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:09 am

Casa wrote:The legally certified copy you have will be fine.
thanx Casa :)

matthymeine

Post by matthymeine » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:47 am

How long does it take to become a british citizen Casa ??

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:43 am

5 years of being in the country as a spouse + the time it takes for the application (weeks) + the time it takes for the citizenship ceremony to be booked (more weeks).

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:35 am

But 6 years if a couple have divorced, assuming the applicant was previously able to qualify for permanent residence. But be aware that the information MPH40 has given you may well have changed by the time you have completed your 5 year probationary period. Every year when the rules are changed things get tougher.
(Casa, not CR001)

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:05 am

My speedy name got halved ... :-(

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:08 am

Ah...sorry MPH80...there was a temporary speed restriction. :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)