ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for Child born oustide UK..Pls help. Urgent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nav8
Newly Registered

British passport for Child born oustide UK..Pls help. Urgent

Post by Nav8 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:33 pm

Hi All,
I'm sure this would have been asked 100 times but not able to find the right link. Can someone please help.

My child was born in India when I was in ILR and and so hold a Indian passport. Now I have naturalized to BC and have obtained a British passport. Is there any chance I can apply for her naturilzation and British passport in India becasuse she is a infant. if yes can you please tell me the form number and any guidance notes.

I take the advise from this forum very seriously as this seems to be a better place for advise.

your help is much appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British passport for Child born oustide UK..Pls help. Ur

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:52 pm

No, unfortunately not. That option would have been available to you if the child had been born in the UK or if you were already British at the time of the childs birth abroad. You will need to apply for a settlement visa (ILE) for the child.

If child had been born in the UK when you had ILR, child would have been automatically British but as born abroad, the same conditions don't apply for parents on ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nav8
Newly Registered

Post by Nav8 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:17 pm

Thank you CR001, This is another pain of application process and another fee.
Would you be able to tell the form name pls..looked through cant find ILE.

many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:00 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.