ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation thru 5 yrs inc 1 yr ILR or 3 years as spouse?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ledgex0x
Newly Registered

Post by ledgex0x » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:08 pm

Hi to all. I wish someone can help me here.
I am applying for naturalisation for British Citizenship but confused on the pathway I should follow.
I am currently staying in UK for more than 7 years.
tier 4 2007 until 2010/2011
dependant/unmarried partner from 2011 for 2 years.
ILR from November 2013.

I have all other evidence which meet the requirements of the home office (apart from registration as civil partner and/or certificate of marriage)
I am a really confused on which pathway I should take for Naturalisation, either 5 years or 3 years as a partner/spouse. *Me and my partner are NOT yet registered as civil partner or married. Although it's still in the plan.
As I have legally stayed in the UK for the last 7 years and obtained and matured my ILR for 12 months, will it be better to go thru 5 years pathway than 3 years since we're not married yet?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation thru 5 yrs inc 1 yr ILR or 3 years as spo

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:11 pm

As you're not married you don't have the option to choose the 3 year route.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ledgex0x
Newly Registered

Post by ledgex0x » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:12 pm

Hi to all. I wish someone can help me here.
I am applying for naturalisation for British Citizenship but confused on the pathway I should follow.
I am currently staying in UK for more than 7 years.
tier 4 2007 until 2010/2011
dependant/unmarried partner from 2011 for 2 years.
ILR from November 2013.

I have all other evidence which meet the requirements of the home office (apart from registration as civil partner and/or certificate of marriage)
I am a really confused on which pathway I should take for Naturalisation, either 5 years or 3 years as a partner/spouse. *Me and my partner are NOT yet registered as civil partner or married. Although it's still in the plan.
As I have legally stayed in the UK for the last 7 years and obtained and matured my ILR for 12 months, will it be better to go thru 5 years pathway than 3 years since we're not married yet?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: Naturalisation thru 5 yrs inc 1 yr ILR or 3 years as spo

Post by MPH80 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:39 pm

AIUI - unmarried partners don't qualify for the 3 year path.

So you either wait until your married - or apply now if you meet all the other requirements under the 5 year path.