ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Employment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hope2007

Change of Employment

Post by Hope2007 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:41 am

Hello all,
Hope you all had good bank holiday weekend.
I am back here again to request you guys to advise me.
I have workpermit until 2010 and would like to change the employer, which i haven't found yet.
I wonder, how easy it would be to go for change of employment ? or do the employer advertise and carryout interview process & all those things ?

Thanks a lot people,

Vravi2007
Newly Registered

Re: Change of Employment

Post by Vravi2007 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:52 am

my aplication is similar to you. i work as a restaurant general manager for a big fastfood restaurant and now i wanted to move to a different company and the workpermit application has been made by another fastfood restaurant by the HR itself as they could not fill it.30 days ago. god knows whats going on so far. some people say its easy because i still have visa and uk experience and it is change to a differnt company with the same job description it should be alright. some say it is really scary as the homeoffice is not entertaining these applications even for nurses--which was a shortage occuptation. may i know which occupation were you on?

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:17 am

Hi

I am in IT.
None of the IT stuff in shortage occupation list.

Hope everything goes well for you.

Vravi2007
Newly Registered

Post by Vravi2007 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:52 am

if your employer can geniunely prove that they could not fill in the vacancy there is definitely a case. in my case, the employer is a world renowned company and they could not fill vacancy in a particular place for 3 months--even a surprise for me and i asked them if they can sponsor me, they said they would. so the application was made 30 days ago.

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:45 pm

Hi,
i have been told that for change of employment , employer doent need to advertise & carry out all recruitment process. Provided you apply for a new permit before you finish your current employnent or with in 28 days once you have left the current employer.

Vravi2007
Newly Registered

Post by Vravi2007 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:07 pm

Hi,

I do agree with what you said 100%. but again this is a lunatic home office where in they may give or may not give. The employer need not advertise but he should also show to the govt that he has done all he can to fill the vacancy out of the local labour market including the so called european market. If he can say that he has done everything to recruit. Now the question comes how he tried to fill the vacancy--what steps he has taken to fill the vacancy--i.e the advert. See i have done fabulous job for my employer and brought great results during my 3 years of workpermit but still i am worried whether they will give me the workpermit or not for my new job.

All the best

Vravi2007
Newly Registered

Post by Vravi2007 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:09 pm

also look into the discussion ' FOREIGN NURSES CLAMP DOWN BY NHS'. you can understand by reading that discussion that nurses with workpermit are not permitted to move to a different job and the govt is trying everything to evade the non-european people. That is too dearly beloved

Vravi2007
Newly Registered

Post by Vravi2007 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:23 pm

What I dont understand is couple of days ago the opposition leader mr. david cameroon was saying that there are too many immigrants in this country--yes because last year nearly 800000 people came just from poland and he wants to put a limit on non-european people. thanks. why? he because he is a dearly beloved. my view is dont look at the colour but is any person from any continent good enough to do the job so long as they are not taking jobs from the locals. this is unfair that there are facial preferences between britain and europe

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:34 pm

Hope2007 wrote:Hi,
i have been told that for change of employment , employer doent need to advertise & carry out all recruitment process. Provided you apply for a new permit before you finish your current employnent or with in 28 days once you have left the current employer.
Its true as long as its a similar job ( Restaurant Manager to Restaurant Maneger) employer does not have to advertise, how ever if you change the job title employer would need to advertise the Job.

Not true regarding 28 days, where did you get that from?
Magsi

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:55 pm

Hi Magsi23,
i just pasted some info for you which i have copied from home office web site for change of employment.
Hope it helps clear your doubt about 28 days.

128. You do not need to provide evidence of a
recruitment search if we receive your application
either before they leave their current employment or
within 28 days of the persons last day of work with
their previous employer, and providing they will be
doing the same type of job. You must wait for our
permission before the person can start working in
their new role.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:17 pm

Vravi2007 wrote:What I dont understand is couple of days ago the opposition leader mr. david cameroon was saying that there are too many immigrants in this country--yes because last year nearly 800000 people came just from poland and he wants to put a limit on non-european people. thanks. why? he because he is a dearly beloved. my view is dont look at the colour but is any person from any continent good enough to do the job so long as they are not taking jobs from the locals. this is unfair that there are facial preferences between britain and europe
My take is that we are part of the United States of Europe, we have free movement and free labour, works both ways for us and I can't see anything dearly beloved in that.

It's a tough battle building this community when so many ethnic groups want to separate but I have to say, after years of doubt, I am proud to be a European Citizen, it has it's milleau of faults but it has come the closest in memory to get different cultures living together without borders, Dawie's dream lives in the EU, well, the mainland part of it....

Where is the least dearly beloved part of the world? USA? Europe? Scandinavia? Certainly not Asia or Russia or Africa or anywhere else.....

beloved is normal, -ism's are all normal behaviour, ageism, sexism, all exist, so I think playing any -ism card is lame beyond belief.

Bit of a rant about being a minority about be but getting on with it and living with it.

Irish, called thick Paddy, Spud-thick Mick etc, just cos of my surname but of course that's not the same as being black/Asian/Chinese etc is it?

Yes, I've had a pint. Stereotype Mick....

Rant over...

Wanderer, News at Ten, handing over to 'Pets Do The Darnedest Things' followed by 'Americas Greatest Truck-a-thon, It's a V-12 Frenzy'....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

gordon

Post by gordon » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:43 pm

Vravi2007 wrote:What I dont understand is couple of days ago the opposition leader mr. david cameroon was saying that there are too many immigrants in this country--yes because last year nearly 800000 people came just from poland and he wants to put a limit on non-european people. thanks. why? he because he is a dearly beloved. my view is dont look at the colour but is any person from any continent good enough to do the job so long as they are not taking jobs from the locals. this is unfair that there are facial preferences between britain and europe
I thought Cameron's point was that, on top of current immigration from outside the EU, the influx of EU nationals, including those from Poland (may as well call them locals as well, as far the non-EU nationals are concerned), were together creating strains on the social sector and on the labour market ? The perspective on the latter suggests that immigrants from outside the EU may actually be taking jobs from locals -- and if that's true, then he'd be right to look to curb immigration from outside the EU. And such a policy recommendation, if justified, would not be dearly beloved, since it would apply to non-EU nationals of all races.

btw, 800,000 Poles came into the UK last year ?!?! Are there any left in Poland ? That figure is greater than the annual total of migrants into the UK from all countries in recent years ...

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:45 am

Hope2007 wrote:Hi Magsi23,
i just pasted some info for you which i have copied from home office web site for change of employment.
Hope it helps clear your doubt about 28 days.

their new role.

Hope2007

This paragraph applies to employer not employee, In simple terms an employer cant hire someone on work permit if the job was 1st advertised less than 28 days ago.
Magsi

Vravi2007
Newly Registered

Post by Vravi2007 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:20 am

A recent survey by SKY news and Guardian newspaper showed British people do NOT want to be a part of the so called 'UNITED STATES OF EUROPE'. real funny. And you still consider part of this continent. French and Dutch have rejected the Euro consititution and they will NOT join this so called one state. Every country wants to keep their identity no matter what. Recently an Italian immigrant who was serving his sentence in UK for acts of killing a british teacher --the issue came for deportation and judge said its such a pity that we cant deport this person back to his country. People in Britain are watching with fear what happens if they handover themself to Europe and trust me it wont happen.

With this I will enjoy my weekend and good bye for this forum for good

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:23 pm

No you didnt get it.

only first line applies to the employer in connection with the workpermit. the rest talks about HIS employment

they leave their current employment = He /She

their new role.

Vravi2007
Newly Registered

Post by Vravi2007 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:59 pm

what u said is 100% right. the employee on workpermit should find a new employment within 28 days and the work permit should be applied within 28 days of leaving the first job. in this forum most of the people talk what comes to their mind. i spoke to a solicitor and found it . get an opinion from solicitor not from pastime talkers. all the best. god bless