ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 Issue on duration of stay in the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prince.xavier
Newly Registered

EEA4 Issue on duration of stay in the UK

Post by prince.xavier » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:08 pm

Hi all,

I hold an Indian passport, and currently on a visa as the family member of EEA national. I am working as a UK civil servant since June 2009. From Feb 2013 - Aug 2014 (18 months) I was sent to Singapore on a work related secondment but I was still working for my UK employer part time, with my salary paid in the UK and all taxes paid, except that I did not have an address in the UK. My office is happy to give me a letter to support my situation. Now I am back in the UK and thinking of applying for the permanent residence. I would like to know if I qualify to apply for the PR given that they expect me to have stayed 5 years continuously in the UK. Do you have any experience with any similar situation? Can I expect any flexibility in my situation?

Thanks,

Obie
Ireland

Re: EEA4 Issue on duration of stay in the UK

Post by Obie » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:12 pm

There may be flexibility, but it will be a tough one.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:23 pm

Even you get salary and pay taxes in UK but the stamps on your passport may disclose your long absences and the same can affect the application.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

prince.xavier
Newly Registered

Post by prince.xavier » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:27 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ideeea.pdf
The above document states:

"For your residence in the United Kingdom to be considered continuous, you should not be absent
from the United Kingdom for more than six months each year. Longer absences for compulsory
military service will not affect your residence. Additionally, a single absence of a maximum of 12
months for important reasons such as pregnancy, child birth, serious illness, study, vocational
training or posting overseas will not affect your residence."

I visited UK in between and hence may not be a serious issue. I'm posting it in case anyone finds it useful.