ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit conditions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Derek3672
Newly Registered

EEA family permit conditions

Post by Derek3672 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:35 pm

I will be travelling with my EU partner to the UK for a visit next month on a EEA family permit? I would like know if it is possible to return later by myself as my EU partner might need to return earlier due to work commitments. We have planned a weeks trip but my EU partner might need to return after 4 days in UK. Will I have any problems ? I understand that on a EEA family permit I have to travel together with my EU partner but do I have to return together as well ?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EEA family permit conditions

Post by chaoclive » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:51 pm

Don't think you will have any problems but, remember, that you won't have any right to stay in the UK if your spouse is not there. Leaving a few days later won't be an issue. If they ask you, just say that she had something to do back in her home country and left just before you.

nosaagho
Newly Registered

Post by nosaagho » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:46 pm

It depends on the air line you are using.. because not air line will let you board,because for me i used rynair i was allowed to board, after they made some calls, but my friend was travling from france wtih easy jet.. he was not allowed to board the flight.. even when his wife was inside the uk..

nosaagho
Newly Registered

Post by nosaagho » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:48 pm

It depends on the air line you are using.. because not air line will let you board,because for me i used rynair i was allowed to board, after they made some calls, but my friend was travling from france wtih easy jet.. he was not allowed to board the flight.. even when his wife was inside the uk..

Derek3672
Newly Registered

Post by Derek3672 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:56 pm

I will be flying Ryanair, you mentioned they made some phone - calls who did they call ? Would you suggest I contact Ryanair prior to leaving UK ?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:55 pm

Derek3672 wrote:I will be flying Ryanair, you mentioned they made some phone - calls who did they call ? Would you suggest I contact Ryanair prior to leaving UK ?
Are you leaving the UK with your wife? Why would this affect you?

What is your status in the country where you are living now?