ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

boopat123
Newly Registered

English Language Test

Post by boopat123 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:05 pm

Hello All,

I have completed 5 years (1.5 year on WP + 3.5 years on Tier 1) recently. I have cleared life in the UK test as well. Do I need to take Knowledge of English test as well before applying for ILR? I have produced my original degree certificate when I originally obtained my Tier 1 visa. Some say if degree is recognized by online Points Based Calculator (PBS) and awarding points for english language then that is enough. Application form does not reflect this. So can anyone who obtained ILR recently please advice me if PBS printout and degree certificate is enough to prove Knowledge of english requirement?
Thanks
Boopathi

WR1

Re: English Language Test

Post by WR1 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:24 pm

There are 3 methods to satisfying the English requirements unless exempt:

1. Being from a majority of English speaking country

2. Having a degree taught in English (overseas degrees verified by UK NARIC or recognised on PBS)

3. Passed a English test at Level B1 of the CEFR.

If you satisfy number 2, go with this option.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

boopat123
Newly Registered

Re: English Language Test

Post by boopat123 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:18 pm

Thank you, WR1