ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife passed Life in the UK 3 years ago. Will she need KoLL ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

antfer
Newly Registered

Wife passed Life in the UK 3 years ago. Will she need KoLL ?

Post by antfer » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:47 pm

My wife has passed Life in the UK - about 3 years ago - when she was applying for FLR(m). At the time, we thought that it was essential for the visa application. (If I remember right, they did not look at the Life in the UK). She proved her English Language through Academic Qualifications and NARIC Certificates and got her visa (July 2012) for 2.5 years. It is now due for renewal in January 2015.

- We have again taken premium service for extension of FLR(m) visa. Will she need KoLL (Knowledge of English Knowledge and Life in the UK) when she applies in Jan 2015 ? Or is it needed only when she applies for ILR? If needed for ILR, then is Life in the UK enough or will she have to take KoLL before applying for ILR? I ask because KoLL was not there when she took Life in the UK.

- My wife does have a Biometric card. Will she need biometrics to be taken again? In the FLR(m) - application it asks about date and place when Biometrics were recorded. We dont remember when the Biometrics were taken or what details were taken i.e finger prints/ Iris etc. I am now unsure whether she will now need biometrics or not. Can they check at the time of premium service appointment and tell us accordingly? Can they get Biometrics done then and there itself if they dont have it? Or will they reject our appointment/ application for the reason?

Rayking

Re: Wife passed Life in the UK 3 years ago. Will she need Ko

Post by Rayking » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:21 pm

She doesn't need life in UK to renew,only a her proof of English with the naric stuffs. The biometric will be taken on the day if it's a premium application.
Just state you can't remember the date than putting the date you're not sure.
Your application won't be refused bcos of that,you can take the life in UK along,that won't hurt if you think you need it.

antfer
Newly Registered

Post by antfer » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:24 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

So am I right in saying that even at the time of ILR application (2.5 years from now) she will not need KoLL?

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:57 pm

She will need it then for ILR but you can use the one you've got.