ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

September 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

london_2014

Re: September 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by london_2014 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:45 pm

I spoke to them today again...but guess what...the same reply...'under processing and no decision has been made'....i asked them if this goes on like this for 6 months what do I do...they said' you write to us'...:) and so I am not sure what is that SLA there for...how it ever helps applicants as in a 'decision must be made within a month after elapse of 6 months'..i.e., withing 7 months...

legit2011

Post by legit2011 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:47 pm

@fufuo.
all they are trying to do depending on whom you speak with though, because from experience some of them would want to give you as little information as possible until the 6month timeline I would think.

I have called them a total of three times since I submitted my application via a solicitor. Infact I just spoke with my solicitor today and she confirmed to me that she has started receiving feedbacks on others whom she had processed there application about the same time she did mine. She assured me that my case is one of the easiest and straightforward ones and there is no cause for concern...that she expects to receive mine any time soon.

So its just a waiting game..I tend to console myself by visiting the forum and reading up the post by others.. :D

fufuo
Newly Registered

Post by fufuo » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:53 pm

legit2011 wrote:@fufuo.
all they are trying to do depending on whom you speak with though, because from experience some of them would want to give you as little information as possible until the 6month timeline I would think.

I have called them a total of three times since I submitted my application via a solicitor. Infact I just spoke with my solicitor today and she confirmed to me that she has started receiving feedbacks on others whom she had processed there application about the same time she did mine. She assured me that my case is one of the easiest and straightforward ones and there is no cause for concern...that she expects to receive mine any time soon.

So its just a waiting game..I tend to console myself by visiting the forum and reading up the post by others.. :D
But what I don't understand is, surely they have set regulations over what they can/cannot disclose over phone enquiries. It shouldn't be up to the person taking the call. If someone was 'allowed' to tell me yesterday that a letter was sent, why would someone today say otherwise? I think from now on I will stop calling until 6 months have passed if it gets to that. These enquires cause little more than frustration and unnecessary anxiety.

legit2011

Post by legit2011 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:01 pm

i just think thats the idea, not to feed you with enough info...thats my take anyway...i may be wrong...av given up calling for now and just hope the brown envelop will appear one day.....the wait and lack of visibilty is unbearable. its like sitting and never knowing when the bullet will hit...horrible feeling...but keep the faith .... :D

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:08 pm

akhurshid wrote:Just an update on my application. I received approval an 7th and booked the ceremony straight away for 25th(today). I never received my ceremony invite. I phoned the registrar last Thursday and I was told not to worry about it as my name is on the list.
Turned up for ceremony today only to find out I am not on the list. Registrar was very good and helping. After I explained everything, she asked me to wait while she looks for my certificate. It was eventually found and given to me at the end of ceremony.
Posted my passport application straight away so wait starts again :-)
Congrats @akhurshid!
You deserve it mate. My PS is tomorrow too to be officially made a BC.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:20 pm

Cheers mate :-)

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:23 pm

akhurshid wrote:Cheers mate :-)
Kindly brief me of how to send certificate for passport pls.

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:29 pm

legit2011 wrote:i just think thats the idea, not to feed you with enough info...thats my take anyway...i may be wrong...av given up calling for now and just hope the brown envelop will appear one day.....the wait and lack of visibilty is unbearable. its like sitting and never knowing when the bullet will hit...horrible feeling...but keep the faith .... :D
It would come out well IJN
Pls keep your faith strong. It is well.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:39 pm

JAYSON65 wrote:
You have to send all original documents.
Sent a paper application form, 3 passports, fee leaflet, photos and certificate.
Had everything ready with me this morning when I went for ceremony. Next stop was post office.

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:27 pm

akhurshid wrote:
JAYSON65 wrote:
Sent a paper application form, 3 passports, fee leaflet, photos and certificate.
Had everything ready with me this morning when I went for ceremony. Next stop was post office.

Thanks mate :D

excited

Post by excited » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:36 pm

akhurshid wrote:
JAYSON65 wrote:

I did the exactly the same. Applied on the 20th and received text today to say they've received my application. Went straight after the ceremony

fufuo
Newly Registered

Post by fufuo » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:48 pm

UPDATE

Eligibility criteria. 6-years Student, 2-years FLR, 1-year ILR
Language criteria met: Majority English-speaking country
Current nationality: Belizean
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Westminster
Date of application: 24/09/14
Payment method: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 26/09/14
Date of acknowledgement: 07/10/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 07/10/14
Date approval received: 26/11/14 (dated 14/11/14)
Date of ceremony: waiting

Good luck to all those still waiting!

cmpic

Post by cmpic » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:50 pm

congrats! Good to see at least some approvals coming thru again.

I called HO today again and mine is still pending :|

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:20 pm

Hurray became a British citizen today!!!
Private ceremony booked, done, certificate recieved and passport form sent through check and send (post office).
Waiting game continues for passport processing.
Good luck to all those still waiting.

Nunsavathu
Newly Registered

Post by Nunsavathu » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:08 am

HI,

Just to share the news that we received naturalization certificate for my kid yesterday

Nunsavathu
Newly Registered

Post by Nunsavathu » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:09 am

we recieved naturalization letter for my kid yesterday

hefty12
Newly Registered

Post by hefty12 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:12 pm

I have been a silent reader for a while, please find my timeline below:

Eligibility criteria: ILR (10 years continuous residence) + Married to a British citizen
Language criteria met: UK degree + Life in the UK test
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Cambridge
Date of application: 08/09/2014
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 09/09/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 12/09/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 12/09/2014
Date approval received: 24/11/2014 (Received a letter dated 06/11/2014 requesting original expired passport, which I sent on 11/11/2014).
Date of ceremony: 17/12/2014.

legit2011

Post by legit2011 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:43 am

Good to see approvals coming in...my update as at 10.40am..today
still the same tune for HO..hasnt changed yet......Application in progress and still under consideration.... :?
Well the DJ will def change that tune soon...to something worth dancing.... :D

congrats to all those who have received there's

weeman1978

Post by weeman1978 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:47 am

legit2011 wrote:Good to see approvals coming in...my update as at 10.40am..today
still the same tune for HO..hasnt changed yet......Application in progress and still under consideration.... :?

That's ok mate it will arrieved soon, mine was submitted on sept 11,2011 and I never heard from them since, I swear I'm a silent reader of the thread and I'm happy for all those who got their approvals..I started to not think about it anymore as I don't want to get sick LOL ..hopefully I can recieved this iconic brown envelop so I can move on with my life :)

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:20 pm

weeman1978 wrote:
legit2011 wrote:Good to see approvals coming in...my update as at 10.40am..today

That's ok mate it will arrieved soon, mine was submitted on sept 11,2011 and I never heard from them since, I swear I'm a silent reader of the thread and I'm happy for all those who got their approvals..I started to not think about it anymore as I don't want to get sick LOL ..hopefully I can recieved this iconic brown envelop so I can move on with my life :)
Surely Sept 2014? :shock:
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

ASCENSUS
Newly Registered

Post by ASCENSUS » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:36 pm

fufuo wrote:
legit2011 wrote:@fufuo.

But what I don't understand is, surely they have set regulations over what they can/cannot disclose over phone enquiries. It shouldn't be up to the person taking the call. If someone was 'allowed' to tell me yesterday that a letter was sent, why would someone today say otherwise? I think from now on I will stop calling until 6 months have passed if it gets to that. These enquires cause little more than frustration and unnecessary anxiety.
I called twice and was assured a decision had been made and printed off. Called today to confirm whether it had been sent. The person told me nothing had been printed or sent off, application is still under consideration... How come there's a discrepancy in the information provided? Are they not all subject to seeing the same information regarding the progress of an application?

weeman1978

Post by weeman1978 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:37 pm

fwd079 wrote:
weeman1978 wrote:

Surely Sept 2014? :shock:
Sory mate I mean September 11, 2014

london_2014

Post by london_2014 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:58 am

Guys,

Congrates to all those for whom the waiting game is over. I am being incline to believe either my application is going to be taking more than 6 months or going to be refused... :(

legit have you heard anything yet?

amjadboby

Post by amjadboby » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:57 pm

@london-2014
How can you say that your application will take more than 6 months or will be refused? Is it complex in it?? I also applied on 11 sep 14 and still waiting :(

daveeboy1us
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by daveeboy1us » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:20 pm

I'm still waiting too, from the 11 09 14