ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Litter Offence (Fixed Penalty Notice) and ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dmaswtart
Newly Registered

Litter Offence (Fixed Penalty Notice) and ILR Application

Post by Dmaswtart » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi,

I have a question which I'd be grateful if someone can help with please..

I am due to apply for ILR in circa 3 months time. Unfortunately, I received 2 Litter Fines (in 2 months) :oops: . These were issued as 'Fixed Penalty' tickets and are now paid up. There were no involvement of Police or Court etc. and as far as the council people informed me, these were not classed as convictions as long as they were paid.

On this basis, I have 3 questions:

1. Do I need to disclose this in my ILR application. If yes, under which section?
2. Does this constitute to being a Civil Judgement or Civil Penalty?
3. (The most obvious question) - What impact would this have on the success of my application.

P.S. Apart from these 2 fines for Litter, I have not have any other convictions, fines or penalties of any sort.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

riz1986

Re: Litter Offence (Fixed Penalty Notice) and ILR Applicatio

Post by riz1986 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:43 pm

since council confirmed that they r not convictions then y u getting worried abt dem.......so all of ur three questions are irrelevant !

Dmaswtart
Newly Registered

Re: Litter Offence (Fixed Penalty Notice) and ILR Applicatio

Post by Dmaswtart » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:11 pm

riz1986 wrote:since council confirmed that they r not convictions then y u getting worried abt dem.......so all of ur three questions are irrelevant !
Thanks riz1986.

Though they are not convictions and assuming we can safely ignore that, I am not sure whether they are classed as 'Civil Penalties' and need to be included as a part of the questions which states:

7.3 Do you or any dependants who are applying with you have any civil judgments against you
or any civil penalty under the UK immigration acts?

and question which states:

7.10. Have you or any dependants who are applying with you ever engaged in any other
activities which might indicate that you may not be considered to be persons of good character?