ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependant Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amar120

ILR Dependant Visa

Post by amar120 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:37 am

HI all,

I want to ask a question related to my visa condition which I am intending to change through my wife who is applying for ILR next month

My Current visa: Tier 2 General (2.5 years)
My Wife's current visa: Tier 1 General

Now my wife is applying for ILR next month. My question is can I apply ILR with her or I need to wait till she gets her ILR and then I can apply for dependant visa before I apply for ILR?

Can anyone please tell me best scenario which i can go for.

Thanks in advance
A

vinny

Re: ILR Dependant Visa

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:00 pm

No. You cannot apply for ILR with her as you do not have leave as her dependant.

Best scenario is to remain on Tier 2 (General) until you qualify for ILR.

Switching to being her dependant will reset your qualifying period for ILR to at least another 5 years.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

amar120

Post by amar120 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:57 pm

Thanks for your reply. Are you sure that the time will restart again and tier 2 years will not be counted because I eagrly want to change as I need to change my job as it is easier under dependant visa.

Thanks
A

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:28 pm

yes vinny is correct. the clock will reset from 0 and u will have to wait for 5 years to qualify for ilr