ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Dependants apply after expiry of current visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rrrr19
Newly Registered

ILR for Dependants apply after expiry of current visa

Post by rrrr19 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:48 am

Hi,
I recently got my 2nd extension and thinking now to go for ILR on 7th March 2014, Is it possible for me to take my dependant along with me (Dependant visa will be expired 7 days on this time) or should apply in post for all 3 before their visa expire? I like to go in person as the postal will take long time.

Initial Tier 1 G - start Date - 04th April 2010 - End date - 04 April 2013
Tier 1 G -extension- start date - 28th Feb 2013 End date - 28th Feb 2015
Tier 1 G- 2nd extension - start date - 25th Nov 2014 End date - 25th Nov 2016
My dependent,
Tier 1 G Dependents - start date - 04 Dec 2010 end date 04 April 2013
Tier 1 G Dependent extension - start date - 28th Feb 2013 End date - 28th Feb 2013

Thanks
Raj

vinny

Re: ILR for Dependants apply after expiry of current visa

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:10 pm

If they make out of time applications, then they will have no rights of appeal, if refused. So, their applications must be perfect.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rrrr19
Newly Registered

Post by rrrr19 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:09 pm

Thanks Vinny for the quick reply. They have all documents, eligible stay.

So, can i go ahead taking this as advantage or apply for their Extension and vary in PEO office for them along with me?

Thanks
Raj

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:21 pm

Applying in-time for an extension first and varying it to ILR before it's decided may be safer. But won't they need your passport too, when they apply for extensions?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.