ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

student spouse - ILR apply

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TxS
Newly Registered

student spouse - ILR apply

Post by TxS » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:20 pm

hello,

I am a university student in the UK, due to graduate in 2015. I will be applying for my wife's ILR in the next few weeks.

I do not work in any employment. We live rent-free and bill-free with my parents. My student grant and some savings are used for any other expenses. We do not receive any benefits/public funds.

Will my situation cause me a problems?

Please please can you advise me...

pakstar

Re: student spouse - ILR apply

Post by pakstar » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:04 pm

You will be applying y our wife's ILR on what grounds? YOu never explained that.

TxS
Newly Registered

Post by TxS » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:20 pm

She is from Pakistan on a settlement visa. At the time I was in employment. Since then I went back into education. Her 2yr visa is set to expire in December. I thought u apply for ilr after 2 years.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:23 pm

Did you submit the application for her spouse settlement visa before 9th July 2012 or after?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

TxS
Newly Registered

Post by TxS » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:28 pm

Casa wrote:Did you submit the application for her spouse settlement visa before 9th July 2012 or after?
Yes. Submitted in March 2011- went to appeal. Eventually granted in November 2011. She had tb so visa stamped in September 2012 for 27 months.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:39 pm

Is she working?
Do you have savings?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

TxS
Newly Registered

Post by TxS » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:52 pm

vinny wrote:Is she working?
Do you have savings?
Neither of us are working. Nor have we worked for 2years. Have savings of approx. £4000. Student grants give approx. £6000
I understand I need to only show that I can adequately maintain her.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:54 pm

Yes. That's correct.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

TxS
Newly Registered

Post by TxS » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:45 pm

vinny wrote:Yes. That's correct.
Should I quote this information about rate of income support within the form (in section 8b -other information, SET M FORM) or a cover letter, or both?