ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on ILR & British Citizenship (Child)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

FOR_ILR

Query on ILR & British Citizenship (Child)

Post by FOR_ILR » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:29 pm

Hi,

Me and my wife entered in UK by Jan-2008, after continuous living in this country till 11-Dec-2012, my wife had to go back to India for delivery of our second child (born by end of Mar-2013).

She had her Tier1-General (Dependent) valid till Jul-2013, as there was not much time left in her visa for expiry before she could travel back, we had applied for her visa extension as dependent to settled person category from India by jun-2013, wife + my kids visa was granted by end of Oct-2013. They were back to UK by Mid Dec-2013.

Me and my first kid are British Citizen now:

My questions:

1. Wife's current visa is valid till Jul-2016 - by when can I apply for her ILR? (current visa category is Spouse Acc/CP ).

2. My 2nd kid (born in India) also has visa valid till Jul-2016 - do I need ILR for this kid to register for British citizenship?

Thanks in advance.