ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Family court judgement is a Civil Judgement? E3 of ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pakstar

Is Family court judgement is a Civil Judgement? E3 of ILR

Post by pakstar » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:37 pm

ILR Form secion E3 asks the following

Do you have any civil judgements against you or any civil penalty under the UK immigration Acts?

In the light of above, Our son had an accident last year, we took him to hospital and doctor did not agree with our explaination. Social Services got involved and took our son away from us but after year of battle in court, he is now back home. Based on medical expert opinion and balance of probabilities, the Family court decided that one of the two injury was possibly caused by either of the parent but did not nominate any of the parent specifically. The judgement also accepted the the second injury in question was result of accident as explained by parents as doctor were agree with that explanation. Social services gave our child back to us now and everything is good. The criminal case was dropped without any charge also.

I am now applying for ILR under 10 years long residency law and wondering if the family court judgement is a civil judgement and also the judgement does not say that I did something wrong, it just says it is possible that I may have done it?

Do I need to mention this judgement in the application form , if it is a Civil judgement ?

many thanks
Maz

pakstar

Re: Is Family court judgement is a Civil Judgement? E3 of IL

Post by pakstar » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:24 pm

Could anyone please help with my question?

...?

pakstar

Re: Is Family court judgement is a Civil Judgement? E3 of IL

Post by pakstar » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:59 am

Someone told me that civil judgement means CCJ as family law judgements are not CCJ and therefore they do not apply here. ?

Is that correct? I also seen another post on forum where someone called home office specifically asking about family court judgements and he was advised not to mention those in the form.

Can someone confirm this?

Also, I had a traffic offence back in 2005,I went to court to lower the penalty cost and later I paid the penlty and also 3 points were on my license but it happend in 2006 or 2007 and now I do not have any points etc..

Do I need to mention this traffic offence (happened 7 years ago) in my ILR (long residence) form?