ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complicated issue - Payslip over 28 days old - Spousal Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

the_silk_route

Complicated issue - Payslip over 28 days old - Spousal Visa

Post by the_silk_route » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:13 am

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone could shed any light on this issue which I've just thought of. We submitted our application in Pakistan on the 24th of June, which is around 5 months ago.

Here goes:

I meet and exceed the £18,600 income requirement with my main job alone. I also work a 2nd weekend job. I applied using Cat A using both jobs in the application, and submitted 6 months payslips for both jobs and bank statements showing both jobs income into my account.

For the main jobs I got paid on the 28th of May.
For the 2nd job I got paid on the 1st of May.

We submitted on the 24th of June. So my main job payslip is within the 28 days limit, but the 2nd jobs is over 28 days limit. Even if we submitted earlier, by the time I get paid from the main job and wait until it goes into the bank account for the statement to show, it would be over 28 days anyway, and that's before I even book the online appointment.

There's a 27 day delay between my 2 payment dates, so one will always be over 28 days no matter even if I submit the day after I get paid from my main job! :( My pay dates are staggered by an entire 27 days!!!

Apart from this, the application is spotless and bang on. I meet the income requirement for the main job alone, so even if they disregard the 2nd job I'll still qualify.

Can anyone please tell me what is the outlook on the application please?
If read that if all other aspects of application are fine, and if ONE document is missing, which could affect the application, the ECO can normally request this. We haven't heard anything back yet and it's been 5 months, no request for any additional documents.

Will they totally disregard the 2nd job because it's over 28 days, and then rely on the 1st job? In which case I'll still qualify. Do they disregard documents if they're over 28 days? All other documents are within the time period.

Thanks in advance!

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Complicated issue - Payslip over 28 days old - Spousal V

Post by alil2014 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:06 pm

Hi, if you met the financial requirements with your first job, then what was the need of applying with a second job. You have over complicated the application. ECO may end up looking at the payslips and just refusing on the basis that your payslip was old without actually calculating the income you earn. You can only wait and hope the ECO looks through your payslips from the main job And uses some sense to work out that you meet the threshold from the main job.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:55 pm

As already mentioned - you met the requirements with the 1st job so that won't matter. The only issue is that too many documents can mean the ECO may overlook the key ones - so hope they don't do that!

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:32 pm

In addition to supplying my payslips, I also did a cover letter with a very clear table with calcuations from my income from each job.

I also specifically stated - "even though I have met the £18,600 income threshold requirement with my main job, I have been working my 2nd job for over 7 years, therefore have also included this"

None of the payslips which are within date are below £1,550 per month, not even remotely close.

So in theory, if they disregard the other payslips and fob them off because they were out of date, then even so I will still meet all requirements. Bank statements and EVERY other document was out of date. The 2nd job payslip was not purposely out of date or out of date due to my timing, it is impossible for me to submit it and be in the date. My pay dates are 27 days apart.

All other aspects of the application are pretty much perfect, so I'm hoping that if there is an issue, the ECO will request further documents. However, it's been 5 months since the application, and no news since.

:evil:

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:45 pm

SoHopeful wrote:As already mentioned - you met the requirements with the 1st job so that won't matter. The only issue is that too many documents can mean the ECO may overlook the key ones - so hope they don't do that!

So in theory it should be OK as they first job meets everything and that's well within the time frame, right?

I made a very clear letter in yellow with highlights VERY VERY CLEARLY stating that i meet all requirements with 1st job, but I added 2nd job in as I've been employed there for 7 years continuously.

All bank statements were 100% up to date, along with EVERY other letter.
All other aspects of the case was 100% solid.

It was impossible to submit the 2nd job payslip, and have it within the time-limit.

I'm lucky my first job is well over the income threshold, otherwise if I had to make up using my 2nd job, no matter when and where I submit my application, it would have always been out of date. Theres a 27 days gap between my two pay dates.

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:38 am

Just a quick update!

My wife got her visa today! SOOO HAPPY!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

This goes to show that as long as the criteria has been met, using at least one method, if the 2nd bit of evidence fails, as long as there is sufficient evidence, it will be OK.

Thank you all soo much for your help, much appreciated!

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:04 am

That's good - congrats!

Yes that is usually OK, but some ECOs don't look through everything properly so human error can mean some people are refused.