ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship and life in uk test

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hope03
Newly Registered

British citizenship and life in uk test

Post by hope03 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:10 pm

hi, i am looking for some advise. I applied for asylum and i was granted 5 years refugee status. earlier this year i was granted ilr , after my 5 years was finished,.i am looking to apply for a british passport next year however i read somewhere that if you were given 5 years refugee status you do not need to take the life in uk test, is this true?

also instead of applying for my son's passport which will cost £600 can i add him as my dependant on my passport to travel?

thanks

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: British citizenship and life in uk test

Post by milan69 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:52 pm

As far as I know everyone has to take Life in the UK test.
I am sometimes wrong.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:29 pm

hope03 wrote:
also instead of applying for my son's passport which will cost £600 can i add him as my dependant on my passport to travel?

thanks
You can't add children to your passport any more.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:31 pm

hope03 wrote:hi, i am looking for some advise. I applied for asylum and i was granted 5 years refugee status. earlier this year i was granted ilr , after my 5 years was finished,.i am looking to apply for a british passport next year however i read somewhere that if you were given 5 years refugee status you do not need to take the life in uk test, is this true? - Not true.

thanks
And about your second question, as far as I know normal rules apply and as British citizen son and father have to have separate passports while travelling. Seniors can tell you better.

Best of luck :)
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.