ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling in Process of British Citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shabbir_200

Travelling in Process of British Citizenship application

Post by shabbir_200 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:15 pm

Hi Guys,

Can i travel for 2 weeks if my British application is under process using my Indian Passport and BRP card, Do i have to notarised my passport and Brp card to travel.

Thanks,
Shabbir

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Travelling in Process of British Citizenship application

Post by fwd079 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:00 pm

shabbir_200 wrote:Hi Guys,

Can i travel for 2 weeks if my British application is under process using my Indian Passport and BRP card, Do i have to notarised my passport and Brp card to travel.

Thanks,
Shabbir
Your status remains the "current" status till a decision is made by Home Office, so you can travel if haven't travelled already for a total of two years after getting ILR.

Also, you need to be available in UK to attend citizenship ceremony in case of approval. Please take a look at link below:

Citizenship FAQ's

Best of luck :)
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

shabbir_200

Post by shabbir_200 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:21 pm

fwd079 wrote:
shabbir_200 wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks,
Shabbir
Your status remains the "current" status till a decision is made by Home Office, so you can travel if haven't travelled already for a total of two years after getting ILR.

Also, you need to be available in UK to attend citizenship ceremony in case of approval. Please take a look at link below:

Citizenship FAQ's

Best of luck :)

Thanks much Appreciated.

shabbir_200

Post by shabbir_200 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:22 am

Can i travel to India for 10 Days once i receive the Approval Letter from HO before making appointment for ceremony ?

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:13 am

shabbir_200 wrote:Can i travel to India for 10 Days once i receive the Approval Letter from HO before making appointment for ceremony ?
Personally I got approval letter and booked appointment ASAP as suggested in invitation letter, the letter from council will tell you how much time you have to book it. So I chose private ceremony and paid 50£ the ceremony was done just two days after the day I received approval letter.

Seniors can tell you better, but I got bit lucky since my council was having "quiet time" so I got appointment fairly quickly. Please click here for more information. Good luck.

shabbir_200

Post by shabbir_200 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:21 pm

fwd079 wrote:
shabbir_200 wrote:Can i travel to India for 10 Days once i receive the Approval Letter from HO before making appointment for ceremony ?
Personally I got approval letter and booked appointment ASAP as suggested in invitation letter, the letter from council will tell you how much time you have to book it. So I chose private ceremony and paid 50£ the ceremony was done just two days after the day I received approval letter.

Seniors can tell you better, but I got bit lucky since my council was having "quiet time" so I got appointment fairly quickly. Please click here for more information. Good luck.

Thanks for your response much appreciated.

I check on the our council website it say as below

When you receive your letter of approval from the Home Office, you should contact us at the register office to book your date. Once approved, we will send you a letter confirming the date and time of your ceremony.

You are required to attend a ceremony within 90 days of the approval being given otherwise you may have to make a new application.

Does it means once you receive the approval you can make an appointment for ceremony with 90 days ?

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:00 pm

Yes within 90 days is to attend ceremony. Some councils (like mine) do it once a month free ceremony and some are busy and have no space, so that is why I just got mine done and over with as soon as I got invitation letter from my council.