ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

apex221

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by apex221 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:04 am

SJ307 wrote:
Spatacus wrote:
Ramos wrote:Hi Guys

I applied for Entrepreneur Visa last April 2013
till September 2014 i haven't received no reply except calling them n they said it is still in process. My ten years will be completed in January. I have varied my application on 10 September 2014 from entrepreneur application to IlR (Early Application) four months before . Got acknowledgement on 18 September. Money has been taken out as well.
I had differences with partner so thats why i varied my application. In Mid of December 28 days rule will start.
I also mentioned here before regarding giving biometric again.

Now my Query is I haven't received Biometric since varying application in September, Should i chase Home office for it or should i wait for home office response and in the mean while my ten years will complete as well ?
What will be the outcome of my case according to your experiences As i am near to 28 days rule (Mid of December)?
I haven't received my previous application documents and fees.

Kindly response to my queries.

Regards

Ramos
Hello Ramos,
I will recommend you wait till your 28 days rule apply before you contact HO for your bio

Hi Mates,

Can you please clarify what you are referring here as 28 days rule coming in mid-December. I'll apply for ILR next year. My current visa expires 11 days short of 10 years. As per the current rule (you can apply 28 days before 10 years), I thought my current visa covers me until I send my application. If the 28 days is scrapped, then I probably need to extend - may be?

Regards,
SJ
Hi SJ,

Ramos is talking about a different issue, he varied is application fro T1 to ILR 4 months earlier, so technically he will not complete 10 years until January but in mid of December it is will be 28 days prior to his completion date.

In your case you will be fine, as you can apply 28days prior to 10 years so 10 days sort will not make a difference. Just make sure all documents are in order and make the payment with postal order or bankers draft so there is no room for issue with payment, if you application is returned as invalid with these kind of issue than there may be problem if it is 28 days after you visa is expired then you will be classed as overstayer. So be careful and you will be fine :)

Hope it helps

apex221

Post by apex221 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:13 am

maddysheffield wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:
Longresidence12 wrote:Spatcus,I appreciate your reply but if you dnt have any information/advice then please don't waste your time and others. I know whether I need to be ashamed or not Atleast I have the courage to accept my mistake. Before commenting on others character you should check your past and u are also one of those who were working for more than 20hours while you were on student visa. That is also breach of your immigration status.

First of all after giving citizenship they can't take away your citizenship because after that the person will become stateless which is not possible as per HRA.
Its a bit cheeky but If I were you I would have preferred to get my ILR through Tier 1 general (As you already earning 50K so Tier 1 earning points shouldn't be a problem for you) and apply premium service rather than applying through Long residency and allow HO to examine my all previous applications thoroughly. But on a serious note it is true if HO comes to know at any point in future that if someone had used deception in his/her previous application and if they have solid evidence to proof it then they have a right to revoke their ILR/ passport. Regardless of when that deception happened and they dont really care if someone is professional or not.You should have your home country passport so they dont really care about of your stateless status or not so please act cautiously.[/ ]

@ longresidence12 now you should be really ashamed of the way you speak appalling. Thank god you didn't talk about beloved here ;-) First and foremost when some says .. "Its A shame " it doesn't mean shame on you ( take example when everyone is going to party just 1 person has some urgent work then the rest of the team says " Its shame you can't come with us for party" Not shame shame or shame on you for not coming to party ..... I hope you get that right you are planning to live in Uk people will laugh with their back side if you don't even know simple things.

Now coming to accusing Arsal385 needs checking his student and work stuff its immature to talk about someone when you yourself said have used deception while making an application ;-) You would not get big by talking ill about others ;-) ..even than some people are giving you advice so be happy or just go to your favourite solicitor we are here to help each other not for any other reason

Hope people change their attitudes atleast after getting their ILR's .
Totally agree with you Maddysheffield. It is amazing people who come here to seek FREE advice, seem to think it is acceptable to slag off people like that!

On a brighter note you seem to have hit the 5 target yesterday, what is it for tody :) ?!?

I am so glad to seem the August numbers go down to 30's now it just seemed to increase for awhile :P

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:27 am

maddysheffield wrote: @ longresidence12 now you should be really ashamed of the way you speak appalling. Thank god you didn't talk about beloved here ;-) First and foremost when some says .. "Its A shame " it doesn't mean shame on you ( take example when everyone is going to party just 1 person has some urgent work then the rest of the team says " Its shame you can't come with us for party" Not shame shame or shame on you for not coming to party ..... I hope you get that right you are planning to live in Uk people will laugh with their back side if you don't even know simple things.

Now coming to accusing Arsal385 needs checking his student and work stuff its immature to talk about someone when you yourself said have used deception while making an application ;-) You would not get big by talking ill about others ;-) ..even than some people are giving you advice so be happy or just go to your favourite solicitor we are here to help each other not for any other reason

+1 @maddysheffield @spatacus

SJ307

Post by SJ307 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:06 am

Hi SJ,

Ramos is talking about a different issue, he varied is application fro T1 to ILR 4 months earlier, so technically he will not complete 10 years until January but in mid of December it is will be 28 days prior to his completion date.

In your case you will be fine, as you can apply 28days prior to 10 years so 10 days sort will not make a difference. Just make sure all documents are in order and make the payment with postal order or bankers draft so there is no room for issue with payment, if you application is returned as invalid with these kind of issue than there may be problem if it is 28 days after you visa is expired then you will be classed as overstayer. So be careful and you will be fine :)

Hope it helps
[/quote]

Thanks apex221. I was thinking of paying by card. You gave very useful tip - I probably shouldn't pay by card, as I don't have time on my side if card payment gets complicated. I'll go with banker's draft.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:32 am

I have applied ILR on Set (LR) and for my Mrs FLR (FP) because at the time of her application I wasn't able to meet the financial requirement of £ 18600. However I will be able to meet this requirement till April next year. My questions are:

1- What are her chances gaining visa on FLR (FP) after my ILR?

2- Is it possible to get spouse visa on FLR (M) after successfully obtaining FLR (FP) visa. Or in other words can FLR (FP) visa convert into FLR (M) spouse visa later on (consider meeting all the requirements of FLR (M))?

3- In case they refuse her FLR (FP) application and we launch an appeal; what are the chances to vary FLR (FP) application into spouse visa on FLR (M) application during appeal process on 3D leave.
N/A

apex221

Post by apex221 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:20 pm

SJ307 wrote: Thanks apex221. I was thinking of paying by card. You gave very useful tip - I probably shouldn't pay by card, as I don't have time on my side if card payment gets complicated. I'll go with banker's draft.
No problem! Yes Bankers draft is a safe choice in your case. Good Luck!

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:17 pm

Totally agree with you Maddysheffield. It is amazing people who come here to seek FREE advice, seem to think it is acceptable to slag off people like that!

On a brighter note you seem to have hit the 5 target yesterday, what is it for tody :) ?!?

I am so glad to seem the August numbers go down to 30's now it just seemed to increase for awhile :P[/quote]

I am not expecting much but ill be happy with 3 , but bonanza for friday and saturday ........... and if my intuition is correct some case workers might work on atleast couple of September applications in the first week of december :-) HO seems to process more applications on saturday and sunday ;-) looking at approval dates .

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:23 pm

THANKS BROTHERS..

I need more guidance...

As my documents are with HO and also my passport..

if I file my ILR without withdrawing appeal..

what cover letter should i write >? explaining appeal ?

should I sent them photocopy of all documents in 2 sets ? (As I dont have original with me but its with HO)

also my LIUK test and UK MBA degree ???

plus.. is it better idea to apply ilr myself and not through Solicitor ? as I know that as my appeal is their they will refund my money and send my application back and link it to my appeal ?

as my ugly Solicitor want to charge me 2000 pound.. just to file ILR.. i think he thinks Harrods belongs to me..

please
guide me.. how to apply and what docs to submit.. and what covering letter i should writte please..

Spatacus wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:
smir wrote:Brother Spatacus if you can help and guide me.. please

Help guidance needed to let me select the best option for my ILR..

I have finished my 10 Year long residence if we calculate 28 days early..

My appeal for flr FP application refusal is in court with hearing date in February....

What is good option for me please guide me..

1. Just add additional grounds and attend appeal and request judge for 10 year ilr ? (Do you think that I will get ILR easily..??

or

2. Apply ILR now without withdrawing appeal... so this application gets void and connected to my appeal, and then attend the hearing in February?

please suggest me best option..

with me my wife is also dependent...and her appeal is too with HO same date... two baby girls .. Alhamdullilah.. both born in UK..

Please guide...
Option 2 but complete your full 10 years first and and then apply for your 10 yr ILR (28 days may not be valid in your case as you you are on 3D and you currently dont have any valid visa which covers your full 10 yrs residency period. Also do not withdraw your appeal and go for hearing in February. You have a family here mashallah so act wisely and leave appeal option open as well.

Hello smir,
I completely agree with Arsal385, you stand a better chance with option 2

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:34 pm

maddysheffield wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:
Longresidence12 wrote:Spatcus,I appreciate your reply but if you dnt have any information/advice then please don't waste your time and others. I know whether I need to be ashamed or not Atleast I have the courage to accept my mistake. Before commenting on others character you should check your past and u are also one of those who were working for more than 20hours while you were on student visa. That is also breach of your immigration status.

First of all after giving citizenship they can't take away your citizenship because after that the person will become stateless which is not possible as per HRA.
Its a bit cheeky but If I were you I would have preferred to get my ILR through Tier 1 general (As you already earning 50K so Tier 1 earning points shouldn't be a problem for you) and apply premium service rather than applying through Long residency and allow HO to examine my all previous applications thoroughly. But on a serious note it is true if HO comes to know at any point in future that if someone had used deception in his/her previous application and if they have solid evidence to proof it then they have a right to revoke their ILR/ passport. Regardless of when that deception happened and they dont really care if someone is professional or not.You should have your home country passport so they dont really care about of your stateless status or not so please act cautiously.[/ ]

@ longresidence12 now you should be really ashamed of the way you speak appalling. Thank god you didn't talk about beloved here ;-) First and foremost when some says .. "Its A shame " it doesn't mean shame on you ( take example when everyone is going to party just 1 person has some urgent work then the rest of the team says " Its shame you can't come with us for party" Not shame shame or shame on you for not coming to party ..... I hope you get that right you are planning to live in Uk people will laugh with their back side if you don't even know simple things.

Now coming to accusing Spatcus about his student and work stuff its immature to talk about someone when you yourself said have used deception while making an application ;-) You would not get big by talking ill about others ;-) ..even than some people are giving you advice so be happy or just go to your favourite solicitor we are here to help each other not for any other reason

@Maddysheffield, I don't know what else to say but you
have spoken my mind and so glad that you took your time to explain a bit more about this.
Fabulous maddysheffield!
Last edited by Spatacus on Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:36 pm

[/quote]
@smir:
As I said previously you must complete your 10 years first then post your SET LR application. SET LR form is fairly straight forward. You can apply on your own. But as your case is a bit complicated so there is no harm in taking an advice from the good solicitor.

Docs needed for SET LR application:
All Passports and BRP (if you have one)
LIUK original certificate
Original UK degree
Latest version of SET LR form and payment of £1093
2 passport size photos as per HO requirements
A covering letter explaining your whole situation.
Photo copy of all the above documents except photo and application form and covering letter.

I do not have template but you simply need to mention in your letter that your appeal is currently pending to be decided and whilst you are awaiting the outcome of your appeal You have now completed your full 10 years period in the UK legally. You will also need to mention about your original passport and BRP are with HO so you are unable to provide them along with this application.

HO will link your application with your appeal case and will ask you in due course whether you want to withdraw your pending appeal or not. You should not withdraw your appeal on your own, allow HO to ask you to do so. I am not sure about the fee refund process but you need to check with them.

Trust this is of assistance. Senior member please advise any further info.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:39 pm

SJ307 wrote:
Spatacus wrote:
Ramos wrote:Hi Guys

I applied for Entrepreneur Visa last April 2013
till September 2014 i haven't received no reply except calling them n they said it is still in process. My ten years will be completed in January. I have varied my application on 10 September 2014 from entrepreneur application to IlR (Early Application) four months before . Got acknowledgement on 18 September. Money has been taken out as well.
I had differences with partner so thats why i varied my application. In Mid of December 28 days rule will start.
I also mentioned here before regarding giving biometric again.

Now my Query is I haven't received Biometric since varying application in September, Should i chase Home office for it or should i wait for home office response and in the mean while my ten years will complete as well ?
What will be the outcome of my case according to your experiences As i am near to 28 days rule (Mid of December)?
I haven't received my previous application documents and fees.

Kindly response to my queries.

Regards

Ramos
Hello Ramos,
I will recommend you wait till your 28 days rule apply before you contact HO for your bio

Hi Mates,

Can you please clarify what you are referring here as 28 days rule coming in mid-December. I'll apply for ILR next year. My current visa expires 11 days short of 10 years. As per the current rule (you can apply 28 days before 10 years), I thought my current visa covers me until I send my application. If the 28 days is scrapped, then I probably need to extend - may be?

Regards,
SJ
Hello SJ,
People cases differs my reply to the above was based on his status at the moment. If you need a clarification on 28 days rule then please supply the forum with your full date of 1st entry in the UK

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:24 pm

can someone please update my records on the tracker.

thanks

Application sent: Mon 03/11/2014 (by special delivery)
Application received: Tuesday 04/11/2014
application fee taken: Monday 10/11/2014 - paid by cheque - funds cleared after 5 working days
mode of application fee: cheque
Acknowledgement received: letter dated 05/11/2014 received on 11/11/2014
Biometric invite received: letter dated 20/11/2014 received on 24/11/2014 via 2nd class post
Biometric recorded: 27/11/2014
Approval date: Pending
Application sent (AN Form): Fri 04/03/2016 via POST
app fee taken: Mon 14/03/2016
Ack received: 17/03/2016
Biometric received: 17/03/2016
Biometric recorded: 19/03/2016
Approval date: 25/04/2016
Spreadsheet

SJ307

Post by SJ307 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:48 pm

Spatacus wrote:
Hello SJ,
People cases differs my reply to the above was based on his status at the moment. If you need a clarification on 28 days rule then please supply the forum with your full date of 1st entry in the UK
Spatacus,

Entry on 10-09-2005 with student visa for PhD.
Switched to Post study visa on 20-10-2010
Switched to Tier 2 General on 18-09-2012
Current visa expires on 31-08-2015 (can be extended if required)

Counting 28days back from 10 years, I can apply for ILR on or after 13-08-2015. So there is about 17 days left before my current visa expires. So, I don't think it would be an issue. But if the 28days provision is taken out, I will be 10/11 days short of 10 years, when my current visa expires.

apex221 clarified, the 28days referred by Ramos is something different (related to his case, rather than a general rule). so it is clear now. Anyway, I appreciate your response - Spatacus.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:48 pm

SJ307 wrote:
Spatacus wrote:
Hello SJ,
Spatacus,

Entry on 10-09-2005 with student visa for PhD.
Switched to Post study visa on 20-10-2010
Switched to Tier 2 General on 18-09-2012
Current visa expires on 31-08-2015 (can be extended if required)

Counting 28days back from 10 years, I can apply for ILR on or after 13-08-2015. So there is about 17 days left before my current visa expires. So, I don't think it would be an issue. But if the 28days provision is taken out, I will be 10/11 days short of 10 years, when my current visa expires.

apex221 clarified, the 28days referred by Ramos is something different (related to his case, rather than a general rule). so it is clear now. Anyway, I appreciate your response - Spatacus.

No worries.Am glad apex221 have answered your query.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:48 pm

As expected by great me not many today so sad ....anywaY's so some one check gov.uk in UK ba publications they have published stats for July and September 2014 stats put it on forum ....I can't open that from mobile ..Thanks in advance

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:01 pm

maddysheffield wrote:As expected by great me not many today so sad ....anywaY's so some one check gov.uk in UK ba publications they have published stats for July and September 2014 stats put it on forum ....I can't open that from mobile ..Thanks in advance
Whenever you will get connected with computer then paste that web link of publication which say that September applications start now.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:04 pm

maddysheffield wrote:As expected by great me not many today so sad ....anywaY's so some one check gov.uk in UK ba publications they have published stats for July and September 2014 stats put it on forum ....I can't open that from mobile ..Thanks in advance
Can you please kindly post this link here buddy !!!
jignesh

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:25 pm

jignesh455 wrote:
Can you please kindly post this link here buddy !!![/quote

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistic ... ember-2014

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:25 pm

jignesh455 wrote:

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:28 pm

maddysheffield wrote:
jignesh455 wrote:
https://www.gov.uk/government/statistic ... ember-2014

stupid link nothing to do with us. It has data up to 2013 and nothing between July -Sept 2014

mituls11
Newly Registered

Post by mituls11 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:29 pm

Hello everyone,
I wonder if someone could help me here.
I came to UK on 11 December 2004 on student visa. Extended student visa on time until 2008.
Around 24th August 2008 I applied for my student visa extension which were expiring on 31 august 2008. Home Office refused it in November 2008 so I appealed in immigration tribunal and lost (Feb 2009) and further appealed to upper tribunal for administrative review but had no success again (March 2009). Later appealed in the high court and in May 2009 I had my appeal rejected. I was told by my solicitor to make a fresh application which I did within 28 days from the high court letter and thankfully Home Office accepted my application for student visa. All my appeals were made on time but I am not sure if this gap from August 2008 to June 2009 would be considered as 'legal / lawful' (All the above applications / appeals were made from the UK)
And let me know if I need to mention this anywhere on SET (LR) if I am eligible for ILR.

Thank you.

Mitul

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:43 pm

Congratulations to mj and FF who received their ILR today. Enjoy your freedom. :D

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:43 pm

Congratulations to mj and FF who received their ILR today. Enjoy your freedom. :D

Wariko
Newly Registered

Post by Wariko » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:31 pm

Hi all,

I have just got home from London, and I am please to announce to you all that my ilr application have been approved.
Thanks you all for all your support and wish good luck to all of you still waiting

Application sent 5 August 2014
Fee taken out 8 August 2014
Acknowledgment letters received : 13/8/14  
Biometric letter received : 30/8/14 
Biometric done : 0 1 /9/14
Biometric recieved : 27/11/14
Doc received : 27/11/14

Thanks Lord.

12years

Post by 12years » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:02 am

Wariko wrote:Hi all,

I have just got home from London, and I am please to announce to you all that my ilr application have been approved.
Thanks you all for all your support and wish good luck to all of you still waiting

Application sent 5 August 2014
Fee taken out 8 August 2014
Acknowledgment letters received : 13/8/14  
Biometric letter received : 30/8/14 
Biometric done : 0 1 /9/14
Biometric recieved : 27/11/14
Doc received : 27/11/14

Thanks Lord.

Congratulation :D , what was the decision date?