ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR in person application - Croydon or Solihull

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ks2011
Newly Registered

ILR in person application - Croydon or Solihull

Post by ks2011 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:16 pm

Hi,
I need to book in person appointment for ILR. Which one is better - Croydon or Solihull ? I have read lot of cases today on this forum regarding delays at Croydon and successful cases at Croydon. Croydon is close to me. Friend of mine suggested Solihull who got ILR 2 years ago.

Can you share your thoughts please.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks
Kisha

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR in person application - Croydon or Solihull

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:16 pm

I used Croydon twice, never had a problem or delay. I would say that Croydon is the main PEO.

It really depends on how straightforward your case is and if you meet all the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

travelerzee

Post by travelerzee » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:37 pm

i was granted ILR at Solihull in October. they were really nice and my case was approved very quickly. i went with the closest PEO to me. not having to worry about the additional transport or overnight accommodation was helpful! I dont think i'd have coped with any more stress :)

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:55 am

most of the people i know have had very good experiences in Solihull, Cardiff and Sheffield.

dont know anyone including myself who's had a 'good' experience in Croydon

ks2011
Newly Registered

Post by ks2011 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:41 pm

Hi,
I am still in two minds, I will have to make 3 hours of one way travel with 2 little children for Solihull. Some of the posts about Croydon that they just hold some applications randomly frightens me as I need to travel abroad in Dec - Jan. Lost between Croydon and Solihull.

blinguk

Post by blinguk » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:34 pm

CR001 wrote:I used Croydon twice, never had a problem or delay. I would say that Croydon is the main PEO.

It really depends on how straightforward your case is and if you meet all the requirements.
As CR001 says Croydon is the main PEO

I have gone thrice and it has been a smooth ride out in less than 4 hours
Croydon is close to you as well !

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:05 pm

I would say its all down to how straight forward your application is.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:48 am

I agree but what exactly mean straight forward applictation means, for example if you are applying as "Permanent employee " and show you earnings last 12 months without any breaking continuity and No convictions ?????? Does this mean "straightforward " applications so that you can apply in Croydon office ???? Kindly revert back to us.

-hsr_72

ks2011
Newly Registered

Post by ks2011 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:35 pm

well mine is straightforward.

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:50 pm

Even i am applying in croydon .....as well.#

-hsr_72

Turmeric
Newly Registered

Post by Turmeric » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:13 pm

I changed my appointment form Croydon to Solihull and very pleased with it.
Yes, I paid more money and spend more time to travel but the whole appointment process was stress free, no rush, no stupid questions, polite caseworkers. It took 1 hour 35 minutes to get the decision. It takes around 3 hours in Croydon.
Though a lot of people say that Croydon is now very good, I was not impressed with Croydon in 2011.

blinguk

Post by blinguk » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:44 pm

ks2011 wrote:well mine is straightforward.
if it is straight forward I would suggest go to Croydon.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:40 pm

some points should be considered in this discussion:
1-number of appointments is significantly higher in Croydon (i guess there are about 250 slots per day in Croydon whereas 250 per week in Solihull) so it is more probable that you hear more about problematic cases in Croydon
2-most of the skilled and high skilled worker (Tier 1 and Tier 2) are located in London and South East and so they prefer to apply in Croydon rather than travelling to the other cities.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:39 am

Someone above has said that they changed their appointment from Croydon to Solihul, and were "very pleased" with it. Well, one cannot compare experience in Croydon in 2011 to Solihull in 2014, because Croydon is now much better than it used to be. I had mine and my partner's application there approved in under one hour earlier this year in Croydon. Croydon is also more likely to have senior caseworkers who may deal with challenging questions. So, for me, Croydon would be an easy choice, especially if travel with small children is involved.