ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr Set (M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shezkh
Newly Registered

Ilr Set (M)

Post by shezkh » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:52 pm

Hello I just had a few questions regarding my situation and I would be really grateful if anyone could answer them. I came here in December 2012 on a spouse visa, I will be applying for ILR in January as I applied for my spouse visa in May 2012 and got it stamped in November 2012 so I know I come under old rules.

1) I am working full time but my wife is not working and she is claiming carer's allowance so my question is would that pose any problem? The money from carer's allowance doesn't come into our joint account but it goes into my wife's and mother in law's joint account. Other than that my wife gets funding from open university for her course etc as she is studying through open university so would that be a problem? According to my understanding I need to prove that we can maintain ourselves so are we ok with both of these things?

2) I have a joint current account with my wife and my wife has a savings account which has got 5k which we saved during my current job, so my question is having a savings account in just her name and showing it as financial evidence is ok or not?

3) We are living at her parent's house and we contribute towards a bill but we are not paying any rent so do I need to get a letter from my wife's parents stating that we are living in their house and submit it with the application?

4) The only letters jointly adressed to both of us are bank statements from Jan 13 (until now) and a couple of letters from nhs in Dec 2013 other than we have got letters (poll cards, nhs, hmrc etc) but they are not adressed jointly. So how many single letters do I need to send with the application? Plus letters from Open university sent to my wife can be used as evidence or not?

Thanks.

Ilr12345
Newly Registered

Re: Ilr Set (M)

Post by Ilr12345 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:01 pm

Hi, i am soon applying for SET M.

You might want to wait for seniors members to answer your questions. But as far as i know :

1/ If your wife is British/Eu she its her right to claim benefits, it does not affect your application. If you work full time, and can provide statements/payslips , i think its enough to prove that you can maintain yourselves without recourse to public funds. The £18600 rules Does NOT apply to you.

2/ Its always good to show you have money :P, but i dont think you have to, because you work full time.

3/ yes you will need a letter from the parents confirming you live there and a document to prove its their house ( rent agreement, mortgage, etc)

4/ You can provide 6 items addressed to you separately as long as they show the same address, three different sources at least, and cover the last 2 years.

E.g: 1 joint account statement can be considered as one 'item' for both. you still have to provide 5 items addressed to you guys separately.

You can find the type of documents they want on page 31 in the current set (m) form.

Hope i helped.

shezkh
Newly Registered

Re: Ilr Set (M)

Post by shezkh » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:43 pm

Thanks for your help.

Does income from carer's allowance count as part of our total income? If yes then do I need to provide bank statements showing carer's allowance coming in? The money from carer's allowance goes into my wife's and mother in law's joint account.

Another question I have is when I applied for spouse visa I gave TOEIC A1 test and was successful in getting the visa. For ILR I gave Trinity GESE grade 5 test which is B1, so would my application get refused for using TOEIC A1 when I got the spouse visa? I heard they were under investigation for fraud?

Thanks again