ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAVINGS bank statements help !

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

matthymeine

SAVINGS bank statements help !

Post by matthymeine » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:28 pm

i had an appointment yesterday and i canceled it last minute , my wife sent me wrong bank statements i made another appointement
please some one help me with this questions
1- i have some savings statements of my wife she gave me them on july , and i don't know if they are still valid my wife said
" ( (Savings statements are issued from the bank periodically, that is less regularly than usual bank account statements. The bank may send them annually or even at the end of a fixed term e.g. after 3 years, showing the interest made on the account.))"

how can home office know that the bank statements are held in bank for 6 months , please help

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: SAVINGS bank statements help !

Post by MPH80 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:50 pm

They can't and you can always request the latest statement from the bank - just because they haven't sent one in a while doesn't mean you can't get an up to date one.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:41 pm

They will know be because you're expected to submit 6 bank statements, at least one for each month.
That's the way they will know the fund is available for 6 months in the account.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:04 pm

Rayking, the OP's wife is holding the funds in a separate savings account. Request a recent statement and also ensure that as you've moved the appointment that your wife's last bank statement and pay slip is no more than one calendar month old when you submit the application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

matthymeine

Post by matthymeine » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:54 pm

i ve my canceled appointement , i will take it with me and say that i had wrong bank statements , also the payslips are only concerning my wife s salary , is there no payslips for aliment her ex-husband give every month ?? or just bank statements are ok

matthymeine

Post by matthymeine » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:53 pm

Casa is it ok if the the aliment was certified copy by lawyer in july ??

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:05 pm

Is the alimony paid into your wife's bank account? If so, the legally certified copy should be OK if you can prove the alimony is still being paid by it being shown on the bank statements. How would alimony have pay slips? Pay slips are for paid earnings...i.e employment. Surely you wife could explain that to you?
What date do you now have an appointment to submit the documents with Teleperformance?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

matthymeine

Post by matthymeine » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:11 pm

Casa wrote:Is the alimony paid into your wife's bank account? If so, the legally certified copy should be OK if you can prove the alimony is still being paid by it being shown on the bank statements. How would alimony have pay slips? Pay slips are for paid earnings...i.e employment. Surely you wife could explain that to you?
What date do you now have an appointment to submit the documents with Teleperformance?
yeh it's paid into another bank account of my wife ,we rebooked another appointment 16 / dec , my wife trying to get bank statements from banks , i hope they ll make it easy not stressing us again with waiting :(

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:30 pm

So make sure you include the bank statements showing the alimony paid into the account and that the last bank statement and pay slip aren't more than a calendar month old. i.e dated no later than 16th November. You'll have to change your flight date won't you?
(Casa, not CR001)

matthymeine

Post by matthymeine » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:45 pm

Casa wrote:So make sure you include the bank statements showing the alimony paid into the account and that the last bank statement and pay slip aren't more than a calendar month old. i.e dated no later than 16th November. You'll have to change your flight date won't you?
the ticket was on 18th of dec , i ll apply without saying i booked ticket , but in the online app i cannot update and i said i want to go on the 18th of th dec :?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:03 pm

It won't matter. They don't take any notice of the preferred date of travel unless you're asking for the visa to be deferred for up to 3 months.
(Casa, not CR001)

matthymeine

Post by matthymeine » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:50 pm

Casa wrote:It won't matter. They don't take any notice of the preferred date of travel unless you're asking for the visa to be deferred for up to 3 months.
thank you Casa , and this time we will use DHL not royal mail parcelforce , hope it will take less days

matthymeine

Post by matthymeine » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:21 pm

the banks are making it hard for us to get savings statements , i don t think that we ll get a recent saving statements before 16 dec ,
and i'm thinking what if i apply with just aliment and my wife s salary which is 22.000 a year , but there s a questions about kids , my wife has two kids she said that she just spend 100 pounds a month each , cause they dont stay at her home , only half of week , i'm alost i dont know what to do , is it important the savings or we ll just apply with the 22.000 :(

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:01 pm

The £22,000 will be enough without the savings. You might as well submit the July savings statement, even though you shouldn't need it.
You're not being asked how much your wife spends on her children.
(Casa, not CR001)

matthymeine

Post by matthymeine » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:10 pm

Casa wrote:The £22,000 will be enough without the savings. You might as well submit the July savings statement, even though you shouldn't need it.
You're not being asked how much your wife spends on her children.
i think i ll submit only 22000 , if we don't receive the savings statements as soon as possible , and there s a question in appendix2 asking how much my sponser spend on her kids , i dont know why they ask this

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:58 pm

Then if your wife only spends £100 each a month on her children that's what you'll have to put. The ECO may think it's strange that she receives £1,000 a month in child maintenance from ex-husband.
(Casa, not CR001)

matthymeine

Post by matthymeine » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:15 pm

Casa wrote:Then if your wife only spends £100 each a month on her children that's what you'll have to put. The ECO may think it's strange that she receives £1,000 a month in child maintenance from ex-husband.
yeah true i dont know what to do , what do u think Casa ??

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:34 pm

You can only put the figures your wife has given you. If that's all she spends on the children's care then you can't put anything else.
(Casa, not CR001)

matthymeine

Post by matthymeine » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:48 pm

Casa wrote:You can only put the figures your wife has given you. If that's all she spends on the children's care then you can't put anything else.
do u think it's a risk , or i will wait for 6 months to put all of her savings in one account , and it will be easier to get a statement
but 6 months loooks alot we want be together soon :( , and it's not their business to ask how much she spend on kids :? :?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:58 pm

It is their business to find out how the family (including the children) will be supported financially once your join them. I can't advise you whether to wait another 6 months that has to be your decision.
(Casa, not CR001)

matthymeine

Post by matthymeine » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:03 pm

Casa wrote:It is their business to find out how the family (including the children) will be supported financially once your join them. I can't advise you whether to wait another 6 months that has to be your decision.
i think it's gonna be ok , we will just apply we fulfill the financial requierement , i think 22.000 is more than enough ,
we ll apply and wait , :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:40 pm

Good luck. Keep us updated with how it goes.
(Casa, not CR001)

matthymeine

Post by matthymeine » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:45 pm

Casa wrote:Good luck. Keep us updated with how it goes.
okey thank you :D

matthymeine

Post by matthymeine » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:25 pm

Casa just found this on line does the Aliment for kids my wife receive every month can not be counted , it says this
- What income cannot be counted?
• Any money or income from a third party, other than child maintenance, academic
maintenance grants or alimony payments

http://www.aff.org.uk/linkedfiles/aff/a ... ements.pdf

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:43 pm

'other than child maintenance' . This means child maintenance (which I assume your wife if being paid by her ex-husband) is allowed.
(Casa, not CR001)