ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 extension with recent conviction

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vvida

Tier 2 extension with recent conviction

Post by Vvida » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:07 pm

I was wondering if a recent/ unspent (non custodial) criminal conviction would impact the extension of a Tier 2 visa as long as it is declared in the application? What if court hearing is still under way at the time the extension is due?

What have people's experiences been in this case?

Thank you!

Vvida

Re: Tier 2 extension with recent conviction

Post by Vvida » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:10 pm

Anyone had any problems with this? Do they have grounds for refusal of the extension if you have ongoing court proceedings or have recently been convicted of a crime?

Also can you continue working for your sponsor whilst waiting on the HO decision if your current Tier 2 leave expires?

Vvida

Post by Vvida » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:18 pm

please help :'(

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:34 pm

322(1) C will only come into play if you are applying for ILR.

A conviction can only affect an application for ILR, unless the applicant is issued a deportation order aswell.

The most that can be done, is to put the application on hold to see how the trial goes.

If you are given a non-custodial sentence, this will have no effect on your application.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Vvida

Post by Vvida » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:29 pm

Thanks so very much Obie! I cannot express enough gratitude for how helpful you've been in these very dark times I am going through.

I have been going mental posting on this forum for the past week or so but will now focus on my court proceedings and hope for the best.

I would not be imprisoned or deported for such a petty offence but I was expecting to celebrate my hard work in 2015 with an ILR and not a conviction that would stay with me for life.

I will post here again in a couple of months time to let you know how it all went. For now, have a great Christmas/ New Years!