ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Requirement / Life in UK Test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kahaaf
Newly Registered

English Requirement / Life in UK Test

Post by kahaaf » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:45 am

Hi Gurus / Seniors,

I am on Tier 1 General visa, i am planning to apply for ILR,

1. I had taken life in the UK Test on 05/03/2013 this is the old version, is that suffice or do i need to take test in new version?

2. I am from india, I have letter from my university of madras that my degree was taught in english,
is that suffice or do i need to take english test or do i need to get NARIC statement of comparability

Please suggest your comments

Thanks in advance

Regards,
kahaaf

Malik44

Re: English Requirement / Life in UK Test

Post by Malik44 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:10 pm

kahaaf wrote:Hi Gurus / Seniors,

1. I had taken life in the UK Test on 05/03/2013 this is the old version, is that suffice or do i need to take test in new version?

Life in UK test certificate has no expiry so your previous certificate is fine

2. I am from india, I have letter from my university of madras that my degree was taught in english,
is that suffice or do i need to take english test or do i need to get NARIC statement of comparability

Yes you need NARIC statement of comparability in addition degree certificate and letter from uni to confirm degree was taught in English.
please read UKBA guidline.
https://www.gov.uk/english-language

Thanks in advance

Regards,
kahaaf

s1344678

Re: English Requirement / Life in UK Test

Post by s1344678 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:55 pm

kahaaf wrote:Hi Gurus / Seniors,

Thanks in advance

Regards,
kahaaf
Your previous test certificate will do as long as you have it. If you lost it, then you'll have to take it again.