ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependants of ILR holder

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samira_uk
BANNED

Dependants of ILR holder

Post by samira_uk » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:33 pm

Hi,

I am going to apply for ILR shortly. My spouse has a Tier 1 G dependent valid until Aug 2016 and he cannot apply for ILR at the same time as me. He becomes eligible in June 2019. I know that he should apply for PBS dependent even after I get my ILR. My question is that after I get my ILR (say in two weeks), does he have to apply for a new PBS dependent leave or he can keep his current leave and then apply for an extension in Aug 2016?

Thank you in advance.

vinny

Re: Dependants of ILR holder

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:52 pm

If you are successful with SET(O), then he may wait until shorty before his expires before extending (319C).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:38 pm

Thank you, then he does not want to extend just after my ILR and it saves us a fortune!

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:45 am

samira_uk wrote:Hi,

I am going to apply for ILR shortly. My spouse has a Tier 1 G dependent valid until Aug 2016 and he cannot apply for ILR at the same time as me. He becomes eligible in June 2019. I know that he should apply for PBS dependent even after I get my ILR. My question is that after I get my ILR (say in two weeks), does he have to apply for a new PBS dependent leave or he can keep his current leave and then apply for an extension in Aug 2016?

Thank you in advance.
if (as is apparently the case) his leave was first issued after July 2012, he can (and should) keep it after you get ILR
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**