ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

A.Jadoon

Re: May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by A.Jadoon » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:29 pm

Samaralady wrote:
I'm Christian, 5ft11, blond, blue-eyed and the archetypical German Madel. Not a May application, but June - not far off :P .

Kxx
@Samaralady... Are you single too? :) 5'11", blond, blue eyes.... Uffffffffffff :lol:

Samaralady

Post by Samaralady » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:42 pm

A.Jadoon wrote:
Samaralady wrote:
I'm Christian, 5ft11, blond, blue-eyed and the archetypical German Madel. Not a May application, but June - not far off :P .

Kxx
@Samaralady... Are you single too? :) 5'11", blond, blue eyes.... Uffffffffffff :lol:
Haha, nice one :P

6ft 1 in heels and ending up with every bleedin' overhanging branch in me face :?
„Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.“
Albert Einstein

srn
Newly Registered

Post by srn » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:04 am

Chrisonrails: totally with you on contacting Yvette Cooper.

PM me pls and I will send you my details. I can't PM as Newbie here...

chrisonrails
Newly Registered

Post by chrisonrails » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:53 pm

Guys, so far I only got 2 replies with real name, which is a bit disappointing. I guess I will put this action on hold for now.

Sonnyboy8011

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:50 pm

chrisonrails wrote:Guys, so far I only got 2 replies with real name, which is a bit disappointing. I guess I will put this action on hold for now.
Sorry to hear that,but u right 2 people isn't enough,at least write a letter from ur self..like I did..I wrote to both home secrarery and shadow home secretary..I think I should get some reply in 2 weeks time less or more..fingers cross..good luck to u too...

majic

Post by majic » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:16 am

Ladies and Gentlemen,

After months of wait I received my Approval Letters today. I say Letters because it was a joint Application which also had my wife and two children along with it (4 People in total). I will call the council on Monday to book the ceremony. After telling the immediate family of the news I thought I must not waste anytime in updating you guys as a lot of us were looking at this "May" Thread perhaps more then once a day.

I also want to mention here that I did not contact either the local MP or any another official.

I wish you all good luck with your applications.

My timelines are as follows:

Eligibility criteria: HSMP + Tier 1 + ILR
Language criteria met: Australian (English Speaking Country) Degree Cert + Transcript + NARIC Letter of Comparability + PBS Documents
Current nationality: Pakistani
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Redbridge
Date of application: 6 May 2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 7 May 2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 13 May 2014
Date of acknowledgement: 19 May 2014 (Acknowledgement Letter Dated 14th May 2014)
Date approval received: 29 Nov 2014 (Letter Dated: 21 Nov 2014)
Date of ceremony: Waiting

Good luck once again.

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:30 pm

Congratulation buddy :D
majic wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen,

After months of wait I received my Approval Letters today. I say Letters because it was a joint Application which also had my wife and two children along with it (4 People in total). I will call the council on Monday to book the ceremony. After telling the immediate family of the news I thought I must not waste anytime in updating you guys as a lot of us were looking at this "May" Thread perhaps more then once a day.

I also want to mention here that I did not contact either the local MP or any another official.

Language criteria met: Australian (English Speaking Country) Degree Cert + Transcript + NARIC Letter of Comparability + PBS Documents
Date of acknowledgement: 19 May 2014 (Acknowledgement Letter Dated 14th May 2014)

Good luck once again.

SKK27
Newly Registered

Post by SKK27 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:17 pm

mhsadique wrote:Congratulation buddy :D
majic wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen,

Good luck once again.

Hello Dear friend's..Finally the wait is over and I got the approval letter today......
My basic concern is that ,my letter is dated 22nd of Nov....and I received the letter today almost 10 days.
The home office system is not updated everyday and looks like it gets updated every week...as I called HO at least three time and I got the answer.It was yesterday when they told me that a letter has been issued on 21st of Nov..so till 4 days ago they had no knowledge about the letter.
Another thing is that call center staff has no clue what is going on with the applications so I don't mean to be rude for the...they are just innocent customer service..

Best of luck everybody......Thank you for all you support

murphy1
Newly Registered

Post by murphy1 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:19 pm

Congrats majic and skk27. Looks like approvals starting to come thru been a while. Happy for u. For the rest of us the wait continues.....

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:29 pm

2 Approval received from the list :D :D can see the light :idea: , in the tunnel.

seems to be take more then 7 months :(

1) mhsadique: 21 may 2014 BGD
2) Jav0786: 14 may 2014 PAK
3) Uroojabbas 14 may 2014 PAK
4) Vsharma 6 may 2014
5) Wassem80 14 may 2014 PAK
6) Kash81 27 may 2014 PAK
7) Phadrian 12 may 2014
8 King Hassi 02 MAY 2014
9) HUSSAIN79 19 MAY 2014
10) ROMFORD1 12 MAY 2014 PAK
11) WAITINGGOBSERVER 28 MAY 2014
12) Syed Fida 29 May Pakistani
13) FURBS 21 MAY 2014 PAKISTANI
14) FAZHUQUE 20 MAY 2014
15) Magic 06 May 2004 PAK Approval rcv 29/11/14 :mrgreen:
16) SKK27 02 MAY 2014 Approval rcv 02/12/14 :mrgreen:
17) [ID] 01 MAY 2014
18) Daivin 12 may 2014
19) Mosto 12 may 2014
20) CARINOSO_YO 22MAY 2014 ALGERIA
21) Iva_Rocher 6 May 2014, Russian Federation
22) AAH01 19 May 2014, Poland
23) amk_amk 6 may 2014 Polish
24) emfrench date? nationality?
25) Someone1983 19 may 2014 Iranian
26) Sewa 15 may 2014 Nigerian
27) ieroflif 19 may 2014 Russian Federation
28) Holl05 12 may 2014
29) Murphy1
30) Fad777 2 may 2014
31) Ugo 22 may Nigeria
32) Fromreading 14 may National?
33) Medinameo 20 may South Africa
34)

SKK27
Newly Registered

Post by SKK27 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:11 am

murphy1 wrote:Congrats majic and skk27. Looks like approvals starting to come thru been a while. Happy for u. For the rest of us the wait continues.....

Just forgot to tell you...my MP letter also arrived at the same date with the news for the approval...he called to HO and get the good news for me also...I heartily appreciated my MP 's efforts and hard work he put for me...
Thank you Sir...

carinoso_yo
Newly Registered

Post by carinoso_yo » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:24 pm

It's more than 6 months since applied, my MP refused to help because she (MP) believes that the HO in backlog and when I tried to make my point that my application is a straightforward one without any problems whatsoever and I added how could those applied in october and even in november got approvals if there is a such backlog ?! She (MP) just ignored me and stupiditely asked me to leave the surgery..Simply as that :? Although I did not exceed the bounds of decency.. I regret the moment I decided to seek help from who is supposed to be my MP !
I believe that MPs in best cases are just intermediary between you and them, the best they can do is to tell people what they get from HO, whether good or bad news, that's all, they don't really care !
Congratulations to those got approvals and good luck to all desperately waiting ..

juansmith007

Post by juansmith007 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:23 pm

carinoso_yo wrote:It's more than 6 months since applied, my MP refused to help because she (MP) believes that the HO in backlog and when I tried to make my point that my application is a straightforward one without any problems whatsoever and I added how could those applied in october and even in november got approvals if there is a such backlog ?! She (MP) just ignored me and stupiditely asked me to leave the surgery..Simply as that :? Although I did not exceed the bounds of decency.. I regret the moment I decided to seek help from who is supposed to be my MP !
I believe that MPs in best cases are just intermediary between you and them, the best they can do is to tell people what they get from HO, whether good or bad news, that's all, they don't really care !
Congratulations to those got approvals and good luck to all desperately waiting ..
wow. what constituency is that?

carinoso_yo
Newly Registered

Post by carinoso_yo » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:36 am

juansmith007 wrote:
carinoso_yo wrote:It's more than 6 months since applied, my MP refused to help because she (MP) believes that the HO in backlog and when I tried to make my point that my application is a straightforward one without any problems whatsoever and I added how could those applied in october and even in november got approvals if there is a such backlog ?! She (MP) just ignored me and stupiditely asked me to leave the surgery..Simply as that :? Although I did not exceed the bounds of decency.. I regret the moment I decided to seek help from who is supposed to be my MP !
wow. what constituency is that?
labour MP .. I thought they are tolerant and open-minded towords foreign residents but it seems they are all the same.. I was disappointed and wished if I was dead before I got such disrespectful treatment .. Who cares ?! Now I just give up and leave it to the day the HO will decide, that day will come anyway however long it takes :?

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:39 am

I would go to press for that sort of behaviour and will never vote for her again.
Chose wisely if you can vote next year.

carinoso_yo
Newly Registered

Post by carinoso_yo » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:30 am

akhurshid wrote:I would go to press for that sort of behaviour and will never vote for her again.
Chose wisely if you can vote next year.
I just left her to the satisfaction of her own conscience and if I would have chance to vote I will not vote for her ..

mero2
Newly Registered

Post by mero2 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:58 pm

Hi All, just wanted to share my experience.
Date of application 16-5-2014
Still waiting, called on several occasions (first 3 month they say under consideration, 3 to 6 month they say in progress, +6 month they call it external checks and no time frame) i sent an email complaining about the poor service and not contacting me before the end of the 6 month and few other guidelines from the customer commitment that was not met and after 3 weeks i got a reply that they process 100% of the applications within 6 month!! Unless they need to do further checks, haven't actually got a response regarding my complaint it self as i didn't send the complaint to get the same standard rubbish i will be taking this further with them in writing first and will get mp involved after to take further to the parliament,

majic

Post by majic » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:56 pm

Hi All,

A Final Update for me.

Language criteria met: Australian (English Speaking Country) Degree Cert + Transcript + NARIC Letter of Comparability + PBS Doc
Date of ceremony: 5 Dec 2014 (It happened yesterday and was a Private Ceremony)

Goodluck everyone.

carinoso_yo
Newly Registered

Post by carinoso_yo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:24 am

mero2 wrote:Hi All, just wanted to share my experience.
Date of application 16-5-2014
Still waiting, called on several occasions (first 3 month they say under consideration, 3 to 6 month they say in progress, +6 month they call it external checks and no time frame) i sent an email complaining about the poor service and not contacting me before the end of the 6 month and few other guidelines from the customer commitment that was not met and after 3 weeks i got a reply that they process 100% of the applications within 6 month!! Unless they need to do further checks, haven't actually got a response regarding my complaint it self as i didn't send the complaint to get the same standard rubbish i will be taking this further with them in writing first and will get mp involved after to take further to the parliament,
We all +6 months are in the same boat.
I wish you good luck with a honest MP who will be able to help you not like the supposed to be my MP stupid and dearly beloved MP..

Eagle-Man
Newly Registered

Post by Eagle-Man » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:04 pm

:arrow: Still waiting from 8 May 2014 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

romford1
Newly Registered

Post by romford1 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:40 pm

Congratulations to those whove recently got their approvals, seems like the long forgotten May pile has been touched again, fingers crossed ours will come before xmas too.

I wonder if the external checks have returned for people applied in first week/part of the month and mine will be in the next batch :idea:
* keeping positive :P

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:33 pm

I send email to my MP on 03/12/14
his office call H/O on 05/12/14
today MP office forward an email received from H/O
as follows:
• We will endeavour to finalise his application at the earliest opportunity, and will write to Mr ……. as soon as the necessary checks are complete and their application has been decided. :?:
·         Please accept my apologies for the delay in deciding the application. :oops:

just share with you guys, after 6 month, send email to every one, who can help you. :idea:

Samaralady

Post by Samaralady » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:51 pm

mhsadique wrote:I send email to my MP on 03/12/14
his office call H/O on 05/12/14
today MP office forward an email received from H/O
as follows:
• We will endeavour to finalise his application at the earliest opportunity, and will write to Mr ……. as soon as the necessary checks are complete and their application has been decided. :?:
·         Please accept my apologies for the delay in deciding the application. :oops:

just share with you guys, after 6 month, send email to every one, who can help you. :idea:
Yes, but will it get you anywhere? They will endeavour ... at the earliest opportunity ... that just sounds like another one of these excuses and empty words. I'm fuming. Ok, so what exactly are the necessary checks and why are they taking that long? Don't just take their word for it, call them and ask them. That is what I'm gonna do in exactly one week from now. I really am about to hit the roof.
„Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.“
Albert Einstein

Relatively Fat

Post by Relatively Fat » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:51 pm

Checks currying seems to be the sole cause of much misery to many people here. I feel your pain and I'm so sorry this still is the case.

The adjectives used for the noun checks are 'external' or 'necessary' in a way that blame/responsibility for any application falling outside the HO's service rate is undoubtedly being apportioned elsewhere; other Government Departments or countries, that's neither here nor there; it's not them, HO, that is inefficient or incompetent for any delay endured by any applicant.

It is your country of origin that is the cause of the delay, seems to be the impression not without reason in some cases. Very cute of the Home Office.

In my particular case, a political refugee or if you like, a former asylum seeker, it is in the interest of my country of origin to cause me maximum displeasure -- incredulous though I am, I kept imagining the manner in which Home Office officials might have approached this foreign dictatorship asking them with all diplomatic courtesy about the criminal records of, in my case, a dissident/defector. This is comedy of a high order, if you're of a sportive mind, because opposing my former government made me a traitor and fleeing the country rendered me a wanted/escapee. Would my former Government then have had anything nice to say about my character were they asked by the HO? I doubt it very much and doubt they - like my two British character referees - were ever approached. And since my application's been approved and I'm naturalised, I'm left with a fair conclusion, that 'external' checks in my case, which lasted five months and 15 days to process and approve, and in the sense of waiting for replies from my country of origin, were very likely to be smoke and mirrors.

Generally, the current Home Secretary is suspected of sitting on as many as five unfavourable independent reports. http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014 ... on-reports

But more to the point, in today's report (http://icinspector.independent.gov.uk/w ... rt-web.pdf) it is the HO's failure to sufficiently curry out 'INTERNAL' checks that's been hogging the headlines, at least in the case of the former asylum seeker who'd self-declared killing someone. That is, the cases they have in files within their own department i.e. Screening Interview etc - weren't always thoroughly checked, regardless of time checking took elsewhere externally. http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014 ... ome-office

Just to quote the report's author John Vine OBE "Apart from automated police and immigration checks, virtually no other checks were conducted to establish the good character of applicants who had applied to become naturalised as British citizens.
Furthermore, I was concerned that the eligibility requirements in respect of referees were disregarded
and played no part in the decision-making process."

Some external checks indeed!

nationalityman
Newly Registered

Post by nationalityman » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:58 am

We all know that they do external check but my question is while doing the external check there is a word called follow up (follow up from external agencies within certain time frame to avoid exceeding the 6 month services standard) if they don’t reply then send a first reminder and still don’t reply send them second reminder so it does not breach the stage of 6 months services standard .
Do I make sense .....
I would also like to add that every time we call the HO customer service they always give one standard reply to all of us. Still under consideration , again if that's what they are going to answer they should utilised these staff in the back office with the case workers rather then answer phone and giving the same standard reply and put this service available online/web based .
I would also suggest if they are avoiding to disclose the process or what checks are being done they should design a system into parts like in the form of stages .stage 1 ( application recive ) stage 2 ( application review ) stage 3 ( application send for verification ) stage 4 (waitng from 3rd party) stage 5 (1st reminder send ) or (verification received ) stage 6 ( approved ) or (2nd reminder send to external )something like this , so in this case people will know what’s going on with there case and be transparent .