ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Combining incomes & test of subsisting marriage

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MikeForan121
Newly Registered

Combining incomes & test of subsisting marriage

Post by MikeForan121 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:25 pm

Hi,
I have tried to read through the answers but I am still not clear about a couple of things, I hope someone will be able to answer these two questions.

Question 1:
I have been self-employed for 10 years but my gross profits do not equal to £18,600 so I started a full-time job with NHS about four months ago but it pays £14,294 salary. However, with weekend enhancements this goes upto about £16,300, which is still not enough. So I kept my self-employed job which had gross profits of £9,500 last year. Could I combine both incomes to meet the income requirement for a spousal visa? If yes, then which category I would be using?

Question 2:
In a few months I am going to Pakistan to marry my fiance which I have not met personally yet, but my sister had arranged it after meeting with her family. My fiance is the sister-in-law of a friend of mine. I have had many video chats with her and phone calls. Could this be an issue in its own right?

Further, I am thinking of applying for her visa just after marriage but I am concerned that it may not pass the Test of Subsisting Marriage because I would have married her for only a couple of weeks at the time of application. Should I wait for a few months before applying?

Thanks

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: Combining incomes & test of subsisting marriage

Post by MPH80 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:23 pm

Question 1 - yes you can do that - you'd be applying under both category F/G (depending) and A/B (depending).

However, when combining categories F+G and A+B you have to supply the information from category A/B from the same financial period as the F/G information.

So - you have to use the salary information from the last financial year. Since you only started your job 4 months ago it doesn't help you.

Question 2 - No - providing you've met when you submit the application - it's fine.

Final question - no - that's fine - plenty of people apply just after marriage - but remember she has to meet the language requirement and you have to meet the financial requirement (which it doesn't sound like you do).