ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR immediately after returning from a holiday

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

srivisaN

Applying for ILR immediately after returning from a holiday

Post by srivisaN » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:56 pm

Hi all,

I am planning to apply for my ILR (PEO - InPerson) in January 2015, but planning go for a holiday outside UK for 2 weeks before applying.

I also have a chance of applying for ILR from 23rd Dec, but want to avoid it because of Christmas delays/caseworkers holidays.

Can some one help me with the below queries..

1. Is it ok to apply for ILR immediately after returning from Holiday
2. Anyone experienced any problems while applying for ILR in Christmas time

Thanks,
Sri.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for ILR immediately after returning from a holi

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:59 pm

You can apply for ILR whenever you qualify. It makes no difference if you have been on holiday or not just before you apply. Just make sure you list the absence in the form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

blinguk

Re: Applying for ILR immediately after returning from a holi

Post by blinguk » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:24 pm

srivisaN wrote:Hi all,

I am planning to apply for my ILR (PEO - InPerson) in January 2015, but planning go for a holiday outside UK for 2 weeks before applying.

I also have a chance of applying for ILR from 23rd Dec, but want to avoid it because of Christmas delays/caseworkers holidays.
I have just checked and dates for Croydon are available 23/24 29 Dec I would process the ILR if do have the documents.
First appoint available for 23 Dec 0830

Can some one help me with the below queries..

1. Is it ok to apply for ILR immediately after returning from Holiday
yes - check I was looking to do the same but decided to wait Make sure you book the appointment. The full fee is deducted when you book the appointment

2. Anyone experienced any problems while applying for ILR in Christmas time

Thanks,
Sri.