ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 application time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ohojska

EEA4 application time

Post by ohojska » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:06 pm

Hello,
Could anyone answer my quick question, please: Can EEA4 application be made after 5 years wedding anniversary or does it have to be after the previous 5 years RC expire? (there is a 5 months difference between those dates).
Thank you for all comments.

ohojska

Re: EEA4 application time

Post by ohojska » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:34 pm

ohojska wrote:Hello,
Could anyone answer my quick question, please: Can EEA4 application be made after 5 years wedding anniversary or does it have to be after the previous 5 years RC expire? (there is a 5 months difference between those dates).
Thank you for all comments.
Maybe any respected Guru has some info...

sharmarina

Post by sharmarina » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:23 am

HI,
5 YEAR COUNTING PERIOD STARTS FROM VISA CLEARANCE/ENTRY DATE.
THATS WHAT I WAS TOLD.

HOPE IT HELPS.

majamcr

Post by majamcr » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:15 am

The 5 year period is counted from the wedding date/arrival to the UK (whatever happened later). The 5 year RC simply confirms the right of residence via EEA route and its date of issue is irrelevant.