ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success! UK Spouse Visa - Malaysia (via Manila)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

Re: Spouse Visa - DLA benefit - Financial reqt?

Post by limey10 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:56 am

For anyone else wishing to go this route, I found this out from another forum.

If the sponsor is claiming DLA, the sponsor must show "adequate maintenance," which means after accounting for benefits claimed plus other income, minus rent and council tax, the sponsor must have available £197.48; made up as follows:

(2014/2015 figures)
Couple £113.70
Dependent child £66.33
Family premium £17.45
----------------------------
Total £197.48

The only thing I am not sure about is whether "benefits" includes "all benefits" or only "non-means tested benefits," though I believe it is the latter.

Also, It was mentioned to me that savings can be used to make up any shortfall as follows: £13,000 savings (divided by the number of weeks the visa will be valid for i.e., 2.5 years = 130) would give £100 per week extra to meet the requirement.

This was an assumption on the part of the poster, so if anyone knows the exact rule, that would be appreciated.

Phil

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:44 pm

limey10 wrote: I believe that he (or I) will be entitled to DLA
Did you know that there are residency rules for claiming DLA and it's replacement PIP? From reading your past posts, it seems you only arrived in the UK with your son 12 months ago, for his education. I assume he is at least 4 years old?

One of the eligility requirements for DLA is
have lived in Great Britain for 2 out of the last 3 years if over 3 years old
https://www.gov.uk/disability-living-al ... ligibility

If he is under 4 years old, the wait before applying is shorter.

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

Post by limey10 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:19 pm

Petaltop wrote:
limey10 wrote: I believe that he (or I) will be entitled to DLA
Did you know that there are residency rules for claiming DLA and it's replacement PIP? From reading your past posts, it seems you only arrived in the UK with your son 12 months ago, for his education. I assume he is at least 4 years old?

One of the eligility requirements for DLA is
have lived in Great Britain for 2 out of the last 3 years if over 3 years old
https://www.gov.uk/disability-living-al ... ligibility

If he is under 4 years old, the wait before applying is shorter.

Hi Petaltop.

Yes, I saw that too. But filling out the form, there wasn't anywhere to list previous addresses or say when he arrived in the UK. I sort of got the feeling that this is not a hard and fast rule, and is not applied on all occasions. I have had a letter to say that the application is being processed. We have sooooo much evidence from school, hospital and the local authority, I will just do what I have been doing for the last 14 months... and cross my fingers.

Regards, Phil

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

Post by limey10 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:15 pm

Just a quick update on this for anyone else in the same position.

As Petaltop mentioned, the DLA requirements do call for recipients to have been in the country for 2 out of the last 3 years.

I was dealt with very fairly by the claims department. They called and explained at some length that although my son was otherwise eligible, we will have to wait for the two year point to arrive.

It's another one of those cases where the intention of the rule is right, but in reality, it penalises genuine people.

I'll have to ask my son to put his special needs on hold for a few more months I guess.

Phil

Faz_17
Newly Registered

Post by Faz_17 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:53 pm

I get disability allowance what are my requirements to apply for spouse visa I am planning to get married this year from Pakistan

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

UK Spouse Visa - Malaysia (via Manila)

Post by limey10 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:29 pm

This has been a long time in the making.

1) Had to sell our house in Malaysia (22 months to complete sale) to meet the financial requirement
2) My wife did the IELTS test (passed with flying colours)
3) Tuberculosis test (negative)
4) Health Service Charge (GBP600)
5) Killed several trees to photocopy all of the required evidence
6) Application submitted online two weeks ago (USD1500 paid)
7) Paid for the express service (10 working days turnaround MYR2300)
8) Paid for the primetime service in Kuala Lumpur (MYR320)
9) Completed the biometrics on Monday 17th
10) Received first piece of junk mail offering us a special deal on a London Oyster Card from the British Travel Shop.

Waiting for confirmation of receipt of application docs from Manila etc.

I hope everyone can keep their fingers crossed for a positive result and speedy return of Visa and Docs

Regards, Phil

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: UK Spouse Visa - Malaysia (via Manila)

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:51 pm

Good to know that the UKVI haven't sapped your sense of humour...I hope all goes smoothly. Keep us updated.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

Re: Success! UK Spouse Visa - Malaysia (via Manila)

Post by limey10 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:34 am

Thanks Casa

I emailed UKVI last Thursday with a very pleasant "hi, how you guys doing? By the way did you get my Visa application yet. Love to all the kids etc." (I thought there's no point painting a target on my back :-) And got a fairly quick response from them that the GWF number was either incorrect or wasn't in their system for updates yet. (The number was spot on)

How long should I wait before getting concerned (it's now another 4 days on) before getting concerned. I should point out that we paid for the express service (which promises (but does not guarantee) a ten working day turnaround)?

Thanks as always, Phil

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

Feeling nervous right now

Post by limey10 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:22 am

Just received the following message from Manila;
MANILVisaInfo@fco.gov.uk To ANGIE*******

Today at 9:43 AM Dear ANGIE

Application Reference : GWF*********

A decision has been made on your application and your documents are being returned to the Visa Application Centre (VAC). You will be contacted again by the VAC once these documents have been received and they are ready for you to collect. If you have chosen to have your documents couriered to you, these will be despatched by the VAC once they have been received.

Please do not attend the application centre until you have been contacted by the VAC. UKVI contact details can be found at https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

UK Visas and Immigration
British Embassy Manila
Now this sounds positive to me but still an air of uncertainty about the tone of the first sentence. Is this a stock refusal or acceptance email?

Also, if it is the latter, am I 100% correct that my wife cannot travel using that visa until the date stated on it, or could she arrive in the UK on a tourist visa, or something completely different?

Thanks in advance for all answers received.

Phil

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

Spouse Visa Application - Malaysia

Post by limey10 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:47 am

Hi all

Spouse visa application submitted online - August 4th 2015
Biometrics submitted in Kuala Lumpur - August 18th 2015
Forwarded to Manila - August 18th 2015
Decision made email received - August 25th 2015
Passport and Documents arrived Kuala Lumpur - August 26th 2015
Collected from VFS Global - August 27th 2015

Result....... Visa application successful :D .

UK here we come :-)

Thank you to everyone here who helped.... really appreciated

Phil