ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Xtine
Newly Registered

spouse visa application

Post by Xtine » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:48 am

Hello guyz!!
I AM A NEWBEE IN THIS FORUM WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP

Ok let's get down to business, though I am new to this forum I have done a lot of research, internet,friend, family name it! However most of the information I get are quite dated (like 2011) this forum has enlightened me so far but i just need to go through the things I already know and would really appreciate if someone could add to my knowledge to make my spouse application successful.

A little about us:
1. I and my hubby met late 2011 on my trip to 9j (then I resented him but still managed to take some pictures with him at some attractions)
2. We communicated none stop like literally (the money we spend on communication is enough to raise 2kids till teen age...lol)....then the rest .....
3. I couldn't travel in 2012 due to me being on full time masters program and I also wasn't financially stable. (Wonder why!)
4.My mum invited him in December 2012 for visiting but he was refused!
5.early 2013 I started living alone got a graduate job and an extra job on the side.
6. Travelled to 9j for 8week in May during which my partner proposed and also it was one of my cousins wedding so all family was in 9ja for the wedding. We decided to do our introduction...(all family present! Was more like a mini engagement..lol ...I went over the top!
7. A week b4 I returned we went to registry
8.We continued to communicate but facetiming and whatapps (as we both decided it worked out cheaper to communicate this way)
9. In November we went on a week trip to dubai....(was so much fun)
10.Now we are ready for the Visa application.

A. Facts about me.
1. I'm working full time (over 50 hours a week) I also have a part time job (15hours a week)
Together I earn over £35,000per/a after tax
2 I am a British citizen
3. I live alone, so I have council tax, and housing statement
4.over £6000 savings
5.i haven't changed to a Mrs yet (still bearing my fathers name) as we are still going to have a big wedding celebration

B Facts about him
1. He works for federal gorv of 9j also has his own electrical company
2.he is a graduate in electrical engineering , but HND not BSc
3.he's the love of my life...(totally not relevant)..lol

C. This are what we have so far
1. Payslip 6month (both jobs)
2. Letter of employment
3.council tenant agreement and council tax statement
4.6month bank statement
5.he's passport photograph + mine (x2)
6. Pitch stitch of facetime records(not all but some)
7.phone card record (talk home cards over 100)
8. PhoneStatement from orange...backdated from 2011. Showing access number of phone cards
9. Airtel statement showing all calls from he's number
10. Glo statement showing 3G subscription of internet every two weeks and usage records (evidence if facetime calls)
11.photos of introduction, my cousin wedding (him wearing the also ebi), our registery (tho he was only wearing a shirt and tie no suit).... Pictures of me and his family aswell
11a. Recorded video of us at introduction and registry.
12.lots of pictures (258) of us in general during my 9j trip in May and pictures of us in dubai together
13 form, passport, my boidata pages, entry pages etc
14 evidence of English language (pending pls see my questions)
15. A 3 page letter introducing our relationship which includes details about his visiting refusal and why I couldn't invite him myself them!

D. This are my questions!
1.Does he really need to do the ilets test?
2.does pictures have to have dates on them....(as I'm worried we don't have enough pictures from 2011)
3.does he need to provide statement of his account?
4. Do I really need to talk about his visiting refusal?
5. Please enlighten me about the appendix 2 form you talk about

I also read somewhere on this forum I think it was @iyanu that mentioned it:about document getting misplaced during the transition process.

To avoid this I'm going to create a content page at the front of my supporting doc which will detail everything included so if a page is missing they can easily detect something is missing in the document .,,,is this a good idea?

Thanks in advance

Xtine
Newly Registered

Re: spouse visa application Nigeria...pls advise

Post by Xtine » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:53 am

Another question is do I need to change my name before we put the application in?

Rayking

Re: Spouse Settlement Application from Nigeria (Timelines on

Post by Rayking » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:16 am

Xtine,
Tbh with you,you have more than enough documents at hands,all you need is submitting twhat they need.
If you look through this forum,you will see the list of each documents you need to submit.
As per him doing test,he doesn't need to if he's a graduate, all he needs to do is getting his certificate, then he needs to send it to Naric for statement of comparability and 2,English language assessment.
In addition, don't forget they've added TB test certificate and he's got to do that as well.
I'll be willing to help as I've learnt a lot on here,moreover you're "our wife"hope you understand that.lol
But I can assure you,if you follow what ppl say on here he will get the visa.
And lastly,he doesn't have to do much in terms of submitting documents, you're the sponsor and you have more than enough with what you've said.

Rayking

Re: Spouse visa ..loading please help I promise to return d

Post by Rayking » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:03 am

Taken your question one after the other now
1.The answer depends on if the HND can be validated to meet the UK degree,I refer you to above answer about NARIC statement of comparability and English language assessment.
2.No,your pictures don't have to, but you need other means of showing you've been communicating and you have met,I hope you've been saving for example,whatsapp chat,your mails and all that?you'll need this to proof you do communicate.
3.No,statement of accounts will be submitted by you.
4.You need to say this cos they will know and you don't wanna ruin it all if they think you're being economic with the truth.
5.you don't have to as long as you have marriage certificate to proof you're married.
6.Appendix 2 form is just like explaining your financial stuff,nothing to worry about with that,you'll fill the form just like the main form,simple as that.
And lastly,your letter will list everything you're submitting, it's nothing to worry about.You need to write a letter explaining how you met,what you've done,what you plan to do and you can then list all the documents you'll be submitting.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: spouse visa application

Post by Amber » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:36 am

Many congratulations in falling in true love.

1. Do you have ILR or are you British?
2. Does your 50hpw job earn £18600 gross p/a?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Xtine
Newly Registered

Post by Xtine » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:54 pm

@Rayking
Thank you very much for your reply I really appreciate it. I certainly didn't know about him having to do a TB test! (He's on to that now) and the NARIC certification we will do that (though it say it takes up to 15working day that approx 3week! :oops: ).

Someone told me that even if he doesn't need the ilets test now that he's going to need it later before he gets he's indefinite is this true?

If so it might save money for him to just do the test now instead of us getting the NARIC certification ...(either way he doesn't mind doing both as he's so determined to show me his qualifications are acceptable! Lol)

I am going to nigeria in two weeks to surprise him for Val's, after then we are putting the application in I will update our process on the timeline as soon as we send the application.

We are probably the most chilled couple when it comes to putting the application in I just want to make sure everything is on point!......I can't stand spending another birthday or Christmas without him.

Please inform me if you think anything could be added :wink: :wink:

@amber
Thank you :lol:
I'm a British citizen ..( I was born here taken to Nigeria at the age of 2 till age of 8)
I earn over £35k after tax, ni and all this student loan crap!..lol

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:35 am

@xtine,
No worries,this forum is just fantastic and people are willing to help,"but na my brother be this na" lol
Now you need to understand something about this entry clearance officers,you need to submit exactly what they want so there's no refusal on minor reason,it's not just about packing all the documents and sending it.I'll give you an example,
Accommodation, you need to show your tenancy agreement, get a letter from your landlord explaining the duration of your tenancy agreement, numbers of rooms and stating your hubby is allowed to live there with you.One can be refused on technical ground even though you have a flat bt not supplying this.
So for each of the documents you gonna supply,look for specific guidelines of what they want.
This year's val is defo gonna be ......................lol
Just ask anything not clear to you,people on here or me will defo put you through and you gonna have the last laugh.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:57 am

Don't include the recording and only include about 20 pics over the period of the relationship including the wedding.

You don't need to change your name - just ensure everything with your name is the same as on your passport.

If you earn over 18,600 in your first job you don't need to submit details for the second one.

You need a letter from your council housing officer to confirm the accommodation and that your husband can join you in the property.

Also include your last P60.

Appendix 2 is a on the UKBA website; the application is done online but you print the appendix.

Xtine
Newly Registered

Post by Xtine » Sat May 03, 2014 12:13 am

Hello guyz..
I'm back again, and the reason I've been off is because we haven't submitted the application yet, the NARIC report took so long by which time my partner had already booked for the test an passed it...anyways the report came back as it being acceptable for proof of English language.

So we started gathering all the documents....and there is a little issue on phone records!

Between oct 2011-june2013 I an hubby were communicating predomantanly via telephone call and BBM. I use to buy phone card (talk home) dial the access code then dial he's number.

Last week I requested itemisation from my network provider from 2011 till date which did come but when it arrived it didn't show any of the records of me calling the cards access number..I was very confused until I realised that between those period I had unlimited landline booster on my contract which meant that all the 020 access number I was calling wasn't included in my contract limits but on the unlimited so it was not itemised.... However there were some times I desperately needed to tell my hubby something and would call him direct from my contract for a minute or two. /sometimes text message ..this were recorded

So I decided that we were going to show proof of phone calls from the itemisation he'll be getting from Airtel (which is were the problem lies)

My hubby went to Airtel in VI today and they told him they can't give him more than 3 months itemisation...I don't know why this is, or how for how long this has been going on...I've never stumbled across any information or anybody saying they had problems with getting itemisation ...pls help me as I'm really confused now and I don't know what to do, now I don't think submitting my itemisation is strong enough ....we never really communicated via email much aside from sending each other pictures.....we communicated via bbm only till may 2013.

Please please please does anyone have information on how my hubby could get all this itemisation

I never really thought phone records would cause such an hassle..every month it seems to be one thing or the other delaying the app and I just can't stand the wait anymore pls help.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sun May 04, 2014 12:53 pm

Any emails or any other online communication?
Screenshots of instant messaging?

If not you will just have to submit what you have and explain why proof of communication is limited.

johnj1

Post by johnj1 » Sun May 04, 2014 10:16 pm

Hi,
I did applied for my wife spouse application from Nigeria sometimes last year, I too communicate with my wife via skpe, BBM chats, what's up and bought talkhome card. The problem is how to prove " Subsisting Relationship" to the case worker. My wife's application was refused based on this until my lawyer wrote for re-consideration before the visa was finally granted. I will advise you to write a comprehensive letter stating how you met, your visits to see him in Nigeria, your holiday together in Dubai, the reason why you cannot provide itemized phone bills showing his mobile phone numbers in Nigeria. Letters from his and your parents will help giving approval to your marriage. My lawyer help me to draft the letter for re-consideration quoting some court decisions that help, it must have been fine if you have the itemized bills showing his phone number in Nigeria and him having yours that span across the time of your relationship, but with Talkhome , I understand that it wont show. I wish you best of luck

Xtine
Newly Registered

Post by Xtine » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:27 pm

Hi Guyzz
hope your all doing great. Just thought i'd update our application process.

We are currently in the 7th week today from date of paper submission at Vfs,

We got a reply in the third week asking to send a prepaid envelop which was not originally included in the supporting document...

Other than that we haven't heard anything back.

I have managed to track the application once {during the two weeks period}and it said the application had been forwarded to the British high commission, but now when i try to track it doesn't seem to be working,

Really anxious

Cant wait for the response. (7 weeks today) please pray for us....

maurichick
Newly Registered

Post by maurichick » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:30 am

Xtine did everything work out with your husband coming over? If so, how long did it take?

My situation is my husband is in Nigeria. We submitted application on 30/8/14 with all the required documentation and he was invited for his biometric on 12/9/14. The wait has been agonising and it's been difficult trying to plan our religious wedding ceremony without knowing when he'll be here.
We used an agent to complete our application and he did not enclose the correct envelope size. We were notified of this on 12/10/14. We put envelope in and continued to use the email contact form on ukvi website which proved useless at first and then finally on 20/11/14, they notified me by email that they had tried to contact me by telephone on 21/10/14 and 24/10/14. From my phone, I can see a missed call from a private number on 21/10/14 but that's it. They left no message, no email, no follow up. I sent an email explaining this and stressed that I am available for a telephone or face-to-face interview and that I would even travel to Sheffield (I am in Glasgow) and finally on 26/11/14 I received a reply to my email saying that an interview would not be necessary, "a decision has been made" and that VAC in Nigeria would contact my husband as he is the applicant. Is this a good or a bad indication?
Does anyone have any idea how long it would take for my husband to receive the decision?
Is there any place my husband can call in Nigeria?
And finally does anyone have idea how long it takes for UKVI to return documents to me?
Appreciate any help on this. Thanks