ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK NARIC Certification - for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TBK123
Newly Registered

UK NARIC Certification - for ILR

Post by TBK123 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:55 pm

Hi

I am a Tier-1 General candidate and will be eligible for ILR by end of Jan 2015.

I am aware that me and my wife need to take the LIUK test. My question is more about the English elibibilty

My wife was taught a degree in english and her certificate is also in english. We have written to the UK NARIC and got certified that it is equivalent to the Bachelors degree taught in UK.

1. Will this be sufficient for satisfying the English requirement for dependents? I am asking this due to the following extract from the Gov.uk website attached with the post. I am not sure about the bullet point number 3 (an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada))

2. Does this mean that we need to get a fresh letter from the university even though we have NARIC letter? Please clarify. If it is required, I am thinking its easier probably to get the test done rather than chasing the university in India. Please suggest.

3. Does the main applicant also need to do the english requirements fresh? I got the UK NARIC certificate when i first applied for Tier 1 general.

Please answer in detail.

Many Thanks
TBK123
Attachments
UK ENGLISH.jpg
Screen from Gov.uk site
UK ENGLISH.jpg (123.73 KiB) Viewed 2631 times

blinguk

Re: UK NARIC Certification - for ILR

Post by blinguk » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:37 pm

TBK123 wrote:Hi

I am a Tier-1 General candidate and will be eligible for ILR by end of Jan 2015.

I am aware that me and my wife need to take the LIUK test. My question is more about the English elibibilty

My wife was taught a degree in english and her certificate is also in english. We have written to the UK NARIC and got certified that it is equivalent to the Bachelors degree taught in UK.

1. Will this be sufficient for satisfying the English requirement for dependents? I am asking this due to the following extract from the Gov.uk website attached with the post. I am not sure about the bullet point number 3 (an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada))

2. Does this mean that we need to get a fresh letter from the university even though we have NARIC letter? Please clarify. If it is required, I am thinking its easier probably to get the test done rather than chasing the university in India. Please suggest.

3. Does the main applicant also need to do the english requirements fresh? I got the UK NARIC certificate when i first applied for Tier 1 general.

Please answer in detail.

Many Thanks
TBK123
I only know about 3)

Degrees taught or researched in English
You’ll need to prove your degree was both:

taught or researched in English
confirmed by UK NARIC as the equivalent of a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in the UK
You’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:

a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)

if you degree is in the PBS calculator it should be ok
others please comment

TBK123
Newly Registered

Post by TBK123 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:36 pm

Thanks for your response,

In this case I am the main applicant and have got my points for English qualification at the time of first Tier 1 application by submitting the UK NARIC letter and Original degree certificate.

So I was of the impression that I need the english qualification thing only for my wife.

Someone please clarify.

Many Thanks
TBK123

SKJMR

Post by SKJMR » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:37 am

Hi

my case is also same and after some research i can tell that

for you main applicant: LIUK + previous UKBA letter+ your degree+ consolidated memo + ukba points assessment calculator showing your college in india is on list

for your wife: LIUK + uknaric letter+ uknba points assessment calculator showing your college in india is on list and indian bachelors original degree with original consildated memo

but if you have letter from college it is good if you dont have then also it is fine, nothing to worry.
if it from JNTU, you will get it for 100 rupees in 2 days, if you want to try but not needed if you have above documents.

blinguk

Post by blinguk » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:11 pm

SKJMR wrote:Hi

my case is also same and after some research i can tell that

for you main applicant: LIUK + previous UKBA letter+ your degree+ consolidated memo + ukba points assessment calculator showing your college in india is on list

for your wife: LIUK + uknaric letter+ uknba points assessment calculator showing your college in india is on list and indian bachelors original degree with original consildated memo

but if you have letter from college it is good if you dont have then also it is fine, nothing to worry.
if it from JNTU, you will get it for 100 rupees in 2 days, if you want to try but not needed if you have above documents.
Hi skjmr

what exactly do you mean by previous ukba letter and consolidated memo?

SKJMR

Post by SKJMR » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:33 pm

i am sorry, previous ukba letter..i meant...during your last tier 1 general visa..you must have got a approval letter with your address on it..just use to prove your English language. ( that is for you/main applicant)

for your wife..to prove English language

1. original bachelors degree
2. consolidated memorandum/ marks sheet for bachelors degree from india
3. from ukba website, points calculator, check if her university/college is shown on it, use print out copy of that
4. uk naric- English language assessment letter

optional: letter from the university in india, stating that the degree is taught in English language. ( if it is jntu, you can get it done in say 2-4 days)
hope that helps