ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied using 2 jobs - What are the terms?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

the_silk_route

Applied using 2 jobs - What are the terms?

Post by the_silk_route » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:07 am

Hi,

We've applied for a spousal visa, and I have applied using 2 jobs, as I work 2 jobs and have been doing so for a number of years even before getting married.

With my 1st and main job, I well and truly meet and exceed the £18,600 income threshold using this job alone, and have no problems whatsoever.
My 2nd job is a one day a week job where I've been employed for over 7 years, for this reason I've added this into the application too.

My question is, when applying using 2 jobs, if there is an issue with the 2nd job, such as a payslip which is older than 28 days, then what is the procedure the ECO then follows to come to a decision, baring in mind the 1st job meets the requirement?

Will the ECO then look and see if the first job satisfies the requirements, and grant the Visa, or will he still refuse?
So if he looks and find the 2nd job last payslip out of date, and even if he then refuses to count the 2nd job towards the requirement, I will still meet the threshold easily.
With regards to the 2nd job making a difference to the decision, I would have still met everything even if I wasn't working it?

The reason is because the pay dates for both my jobs are 27 days apart, my main job is 27 days later than my 2nd job. No matter when we submit the application, one of the payslips will always be out of date. It's not because I applied late or anything, it's just how the pay dates are arranged.

My main job payslip is well within date, and I fulfill all requirements using this job alone.
All other parts of the application are pretty much PERFECT.

Can someone please provide a constructive answer, rather than the usual "oh you've over complicated it and deserve a refusal......".

Thanks!

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: Applied using 2 jobs - What are the terms?

Post by MPH80 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:50 am

The problem here is that you have overcomplicated it. You met the requirements easily with one job - but decided to submit a second where the information couldn't possibly be considered valid by the home office.

Well - guess what - they don't have written procedures in this situation - so we can only guess at what they'll do.

Here's my guess. Providing it was the second job where the details were over 28 days old - they will disregard that and only consider the primary job. Because you qualify using that - they'll be considering just the primary job.

Even if you do get a refusal - it should be pretty easy to overturn at appeal.

But, once you get your response, please come back and let us know how they decided to handle it.

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:44 am

GOT AN UPDATE!!!!

We got the RFC call yesterday, and my wife went to collect her passport this morning and the visa has been issued!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

I am so relieved! We have waiting for 5 months, and only within the last 2 weeks did I start getting worried about the 2nd job's payslip being 2 months old as I have been seeing so many posts about regarding the 28 days document time limit.

So it goes to show, as long as your first job meets the criteria fully and is properly documented and back up, and earning above £18,600 per year, the 2nd job's paperwork can be slightly off but the ECO will look at the situation as a whole and make a decision.

Now if I had not earned over £18,600 using my first job alone and was using the 2nd job to top up my wages to keep the requirement, then I'm guessing it would have been a different case altogether!

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:07 am

Congrats to you,but I'll point out the fact that it's always better to keep things simple. You could have been refused,if an impatient eco had dealt with your application or they got confused.
There's no point using 2 jobs if one meets the criteria. So it's better to advise people to keep it simple, at least that will reduce weeks or months of worrying.

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:20 am

Rayking wrote:Congrats to you,but I'll point out the fact that it's always better to keep things simple. You could have been refused,if an impatient eco had dealt with your application or they got confused.
There's no point using 2 jobs if one meets the criteria. So it's better to advise people to keep it simple, at least that will reduce weeks or months of worrying.
You're correct!

I would of kept it simple, but as I wasn't too sure of all the requirements when I applied so I went a bit overboard with everything.