ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help!!! Tier-2 General dependent Maintenance

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amit10
Newly Registered

Help!!! Tier-2 General dependent Maintenance

Post by amit10 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:35 pm

Hello,
I am trying to understand what is the maintenance that is needed for a dependent under tier 2 general category.

it says £630 pounds in the documents. But i also happen to come across £945(sponsor)+ £630(dependent) maintenance. which one is the right amount considering I already have a Tier 2 visa obtained in December 2013 expires July 2015 prior to which i was on a PSW visa and employed with the same company from March 2013, hence i have been in the UK for more than 12 months. I am on a new contract with the same employer and the contract would end in November 2016 for which i will extend my visa in April/May.

We have maintained £1000 in our Indian Bank account, but this is still a question i have seen posted many a times in this forum but no direct answers.
is it:
a)£630 or
b) £945+ £630

Please help, i would really appreciate it.