ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form MN1 Child Registration - Problem finding Referees ???

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

azaankhan
Newly Registered

Form MN1 Child Registration - Problem finding Referees ???

Post by azaankhan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Hi,
I am completing my child's application for registraction (Form MN1). It needs 2 referees one of which must have engaged with a child in professional capacity such as teacher, health visitor, social worker, minister of religion. Now the problem:

My child is only 2 years old and does not go to school so teacher drops off the list.

I have spoken to my local GP and they have categorically told me that they do not act referees for any one, so no luck with them either

When my child was born/seen by health visitor we were living in Cumbria, we have moved to London since so there is no chance of me tracking his health visitor and even if I manage to track the health visitor there is no guarantee if she will agree to act as a referee.

Since I am not Christian I do not go to Church, so the last option also drops off.

I am not sure what to do? Please help.

Many thanks

Bhutta144
Newly Registered

Post by Bhutta144 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:32 pm

I used my colleagues as the two references ......no issues .....

Best Regards

azaankhan
Newly Registered

Post by azaankhan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:43 pm

Thanks Bhutta.

Even though they did not know the child in professional capacity? Also is it necessary for the 'british' referee to provide Passport No?

Regards

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:47 pm

azaankhan wrote:Thanks Bhutta.

Even though they did not know the child in professional capacity? Also is it necessary for the 'british' referee to provide Passport No?

Regards
Yes 'british' referee must provide Passport Number as it proves HO that the refree is British and also sometimes HO needs to validate the referee through the provided passport no... :)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:07 pm

If your child applies for registration under section 1(3) (i.e born in the UK to a settled parent), the HO tends to be less strict on the referees in particular when it comes to young children.

If the referee is less willing to provide his passport number he can write in the relevant box -"details to be provided upon request". This is acceptable by the HO.

azaankhan
Newly Registered

Post by azaankhan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:32 pm

Thanks alot.

Parents of the child are applying for citizenship at the same time therefore child's application is under section 3 (1). Apart from the local GP (who flatly refused to act as a referee) no one has ever engaged with the 2 year old in professional capacity.

I will ask my application referees (both are professional accountants and british citizens) to act as referees of my child. I will explain the situation to HO in 'Additional Information Section'. I hope they won't reject the application on such minor issues.

Regards

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:03 pm

azaankhan wrote:Thanks alot.

Parents of the child are applying for citizenship at the same time therefore child's application is under section 3 (1).
If the child is UK-born and parents got ILR after the child is born, then the application is under section 1(3). Don't complicate things by mentioning section 3(1).

I will ask my application referees (both are professional accountants and british citizens) to act as referees of my child. I will explain the situation to HO in 'Additional Information Section'. I hope they won't reject the application on such minor issues.
Section 1(3) registration is an entitlement so they cannot refuse the application if the statutory requirements are met.

azaankhan
Newly Registered

Post by azaankhan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:31 am

@JAJ

Thanks for the correction and advice.

Should I use my own referees to sign my child's application when both of them know the child personally but neither know him in professional capacity. Would it suffice the statutory requirement?

Regards

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:05 am

azaankhan wrote:Thanks alot.

Parents of the child are applying for citizenship at the same time therefore child's application is under section 3 (1). Apart from the local GP (who flatly refused to act as a referee) no one has ever engaged with the 2 year old in professional capacity.

Regards
all children born in the UK usually have a health visitor

azaankhan
Newly Registered

Post by azaankhan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:36 pm

Child was born in Cumbria and was seen by local health visitors, we moved to London 6+ months ago, child is registered and seen by local GP who has refused to sign the form.

doubletrouble

Post by doubletrouble » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:42 pm

Just get 2 british friends aged >25 to sign, I dont think they are too fussy about referee being professionals.

azaankhan
Newly Registered

Post by azaankhan » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:40 pm

Thanks everyone.

I have been browsing through the forum to find if this question has been asked/answered: I am completing forms AN for both myself and my missus, do I need to submit my original marriage certificate. Is it necessary to submit marriage certificate in case of applying together to take advantage of reduced fee.

Regards

crb

Post by crb » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:44 pm

hello,
i am in similar situation now ......what refrees did u use...any problems!! i am also thinking of using two british passport holders but none of them know my child in professional manner.
please reply...thank you...

prashanth.mamidi
Newly Registered

Re: Form MN1 Child Registration - Problem finding Referees ?

Post by prashanth.mamidi » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:53 pm

Hi azaankhan

I am also in the same situation for my son[ 2 yrs 6m]. He's eligible to apply fir British Citizenship.

Could you please confirm what you have done for your case?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers
Prashanth