ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR English Requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samira_uk
BANNED

ILR English Requirement

Post by samira_uk » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:46 am

Dear All,

I am going to apply for ILR shortly and I am on Tier 1 General. I am still confused about English Language requirement. UKVI guidance on SELT is not consistent with Appendix KoLL of the rules. In the rules it is clearly stated that if you used an English test in previous application and it was at least at CEFR B1, you can use it for ILR. But in their guidance they said it just for citizenship. I sent them an email and they confirmed the rules but I am worried as I cannot rely on an email if anything happens.

So, can I use an expired SELT for ILR if I used it in my initial Tier 1 General, 5 years ago?

Thanks in advance.

blinguk

Re: ILR English Requirement

Post by blinguk » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:27 pm

samira_uk wrote:Dear All,

I am going to apply for ILR shortly and I am on Tier 1 General. I am still confused about English Language requirement. UKVI guidance on SELT is not consistent with Appendix KoLL of the rules. In the rules it is clearly stated that if you used an English test in previous application and it was at least at CEFR B1, you can use it for ILR. But in their guidance they said it just for citizenship. I sent them an email and they confirmed the rules but I am worried as I cannot rely on an email if anything happens.

So, can I use an expired SELT for ILR if I used it in my initial Tier 1 General, 5 years ago?

Thanks in advance.
Degrees taught or researched in English
You’ll need to prove your degree was both:

taught or researched in English
confirmed by UK NARIC as the equivalent of a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in the UK
You’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:

a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)

if you degree is in the PBS calculator it should be ok

while you use the PBS calculator - you have an option of english requirement satisfied as part of a previous application
hope it helps

samira_uk
BANNED

Re: ILR English Requirement

Post by samira_uk » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:36 pm

My question was regarding SELT such as IELTS and not the degrees taught in English. Anyway, thank you.