ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation DONE-Name Change-British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SAL1313

Naturalisation DONE-Name Change-British Passport

Post by SAL1313 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:44 pm

Hi Guys,

Many Thanks for looking in.

Me and my wife have had our ceremony and got our naturalization certificates now. THANK GOD!!

We will soon be applying for our passports however I have a query as my wife would now like to add my surname to her name now. Is this possible?

For example our names (on passports and our naturalization certificates) are STEVE SMITH and her name is JANE ROGERS. When we apply for our passport she wants to be JANE ROGERS SMITH.

How do I go about this now? I have read other threads but unclear and confused. Please assist. Thanks

Second question is simple, my wife is now travelling overseas for a week. We will apply for British passport when she returns. is this fine. Do we need to worry about anything?

THANKS

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation DONE-Name Change-British Passport

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:06 pm

For example our names (on passports and our naturalization certificates) are STEVE SMITH and her name is JANE ROGERS. When we apply for our passport she wants to be JANE ROGERS SMITH.
Are you married??? If so, apply for passport with marriage certificate showing name change. If you are NOT married, change her name via Deed Poll.
Second question is simple, my wife is now travelling overseas for a week. We will apply for British passport when she returns. is this fine. Do we need to worry about anything?
She can use her Foreign passport and ILR to re-enter the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SAL1313

Post by SAL1313 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:03 am

We are married but the marriage certificate is from INDIA and using the above example her name though originally JANE ROGERS appears as JANE SMITH (my last name) as this is usually the norm back home after marriage. In this case, should I go for a deed poll?

Thanks for your help.

SAL1313

Post by SAL1313 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:06 am

Hi,

Can you please assist with the name change question as per my explanation of the situation above.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:10 am

Then change it by deed poll.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.