ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Past Earnings - LTD COMPANY DIRECTOR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MikkySoft
Newly Registered

Past Earnings - LTD COMPANY DIRECTOR

Post by MikkySoft » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:48 pm

Hi All,

I am a Ltd company director. I worked as contractor with other companiesy using my Ltd company. I want to apply for ILR from Tier1 General (5 years completed). My question are:

1. How do I claim for past earnings as a Director of a Ltd company? What form of earnings can I claim for and it will be acceptable?
I suggested dividends but the amount is about £30,000 after tax. Is this ok to claim as dividends?

2. The earnings accepted, is it earning before Tax(Gross) or after Tax?(Net)

I have not been claiming salaries. I am the only Director and share holder of the company.

What other options are left for me?
I did all the works as a contractor and all payslips and payments were in my name. Monies that accrued from the contract work were paid partly into my Company Account and partly into my Personal account.

Please help.

canon123
Member of Standing

Re: Past Earnings - LTD COMPANY DIRECTOR

Post by canon123 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:30 am

1. Dividends are fine

2. Gross dividends - After deducting corp tax

MikkySoft
Newly Registered

Post by MikkySoft » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:32 am

[quote="canon123"]1. Dividends are fine

2. Gross dividends - After deducting corp tax[/quote

Thank you Canon123,

My reall worry is, is it ok to claim dividend at once? Like end of the year when my account is done by my accountants?
As I have not been claiming any dividends in the past and I am due to PEO next week.

Please ADMIN/MODERATOR or SENIOR member, can any one help with useful suggestions.

If it is dividends vouchers, Can I back date them or write one bulk voucher? How does this work please I need your help and advice.

canon123
Member of Standing

Post by canon123 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:00 pm

yes you can

On the voucher your accountant will mention the period.

MikkySoft
Newly Registered

Post by MikkySoft » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:08 am

Hi All,

Just to give you feedback about my experience.
I went for PEO yesterday and I was successful in my ILR.

IMPORTANT: Please I will advice you to ensure you follow the instructions in the form guidance. It states all earnings to be claimed must be supported by 2 evidences from different sources. Payslips from your company and the bank statements will be ok but please, ensure yoiu adhere to this rule. that was what really saved me. Ensure the 2 are not from the same company.
I use the dividends from my LTD company and it was acceptable.
MikkySoft wrote:Hi All,

I am a Ltd company director. I worked as contractor with other companiesy using my Ltd company. I want to apply for ILR from Tier1 General (5 years completed). My question are:

1. How do I claim for past earnings as a Director of a Ltd company? What form of earnings can I claim for and it will be acceptable?
I suggested dividends but the amount is about £30,000 after tax. Is this ok to claim as dividends?

2. The earnings accepted, is it earning before Tax(Gross) or after Tax?(Net)

I have not been claiming salaries. I am the only Director and share holder of the company.

What other options are left for me?
I did all the works as a contractor and all payslips and payments were in my name. Monies that accrued from the contract work were paid partly into my Company Account and partly into my Personal account.

Please help.