ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Allowed appeal - processing time to receive passports

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shah76
Newly Registered

Allowed appeal - processing time to receive passports

Post by shah76 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:33 pm

I hope someone can help me with this.

I applied for ILR on 15 March 2013 after completing 5 years as Tier1/HSMP immigrant. My application was refused due to not meeting the qualifying time period for ILR and received the decision after 10 months on 18 January 2014. I appealed the decision with hearing on 07 July 2014 and appeal was allowed with decision received on 21 July 2014.

Its being more than 14 weeks now and i am still waiting for my passports. I contacted Home Office last month to check the progress on my application and the only response i get is "its in process". They also told me that there is no set time frame for them to process the allowed appeals and i might have to wait for another 6 months before i can receive my passport. Its being more than 20 months now that i am without my passports which obviously barred with travelling.

I will appreciate if anyone can help me how to proceed further and how to get the process expedited to get the passports from Home Office.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Allowed appeal - processing time to receive passports

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:40 pm

Maybe contact your local MP to see if they can help and expedite it for you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yhdil

Post by yhdil » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:55 pm

Unless you dont involve MP, it could take anytime wirhin 2 years. Thats what happened to my cousion. He was told that you will get decision on appeal within 24 months and then he went to MP. It still took 11 months

Rajux

Post by Rajux » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:46 pm

@shah76 sounds not good at this stage....
I'm also being your situation my appeal also allowed more than 5 months buy home office saying 'tribunal is currently in process' i don't understand what's going on bcoz the tribunal meal 'my appeal' becoz tribunal said we didn't received any challenge from home office therefor we closed your case so you should speak to home office.
I'm waiting more than 5 months for my papers.now i'm thinking to get help to my local MP.

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:15 pm

Could you paste the reason for refusal, was it due to absenses or points not being scored

HSO
Newly Registered

Post by HSO » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:02 pm

Hi,
My appeal was allowed on 17/9/14 but am still waiting for my passorts.Can someone please advise what shall I do?

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:34 am

Contact your mp.

Rajux

Post by Rajux » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:36 am

Hi @ HSO
I am also waiting my documents from home office after my appeal allowed since June 2014 but Home office hasn't been responded my query jet.
I have contacted my MP mid of November but Home office replayed that they made an appeal against the decision and said 'Tribunal is currently process you application' but I haven't received any notification from the Tribunal even when i contacted to the Tribunal by telephone and email which Tribunal has confirmed that Home office did not challenge on the First-tire Judge's decision so you speak to home office they should give you a short of Visa.

So I am really confuse now I phone home office too but they should wait. My solicitor has written many times to home office but they did not response either. I don't know what to do I have a family they live with me in UK.