ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can you book more than one life in the UK test?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imranh

Can you book more than one life in the UK test?

Post by imranh » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:20 pm

Hi Everyone

Can you book more than one life in the UK test? I booked a test already but in case I get an earlier slot could I book that as well?

It seems at the moment its very hard to book tests within a couple of weeks!!! why is that? I rung the LITUT number and I was hanging on for an hour without response!!!

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

imranh

Re: Can you book more than one life in the UK test?

Post by imranh » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:32 pm

when/what time is the best to check for available test times and book?

Jersey

Post by Jersey » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:35 pm

imranh wrote:Hi Everyone

Can you book more than one life in the UK test? I booked a test already but in case I get an earlier slot could I book that as well?

It seems at the moment its very hard to book tests within a couple of weeks!!! why is that? I rung the LITUT number and I was hanging on for an hour without response!!!

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards
Each time you book you have to pay £50, so I wouldn't book multiple ones as it's a waste of money. Make sure you use the time to prepare properly and pass the test.

imranh

Post by imranh » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:47 am

Hi Jersey

Thanks for the reply

I was only thinking of booking an extra test earlier and in case incase I lose £50 then I am ok with it because I just want to get the naturalization application out.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

imranh

Post by imranh » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:23 pm

Is there time limit for the proof of address.

I have a bank statement which is 6 months old - is that ok?

Also I have a BT bill but I notice that telephone bill is not on the required proof list - will a telephone statement be ok to use?

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:29 pm

Is this for your spouse's naturalisation application?

Surely she did LIUK for her ILR?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1116944
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

imranh

Post by imranh » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:33 pm

CR001 wrote:Is this for your spouse's naturalisation application?

Surely she did LIUK for her ILR?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1116944
No - she got her ILR early 2013 and LITUK was not requirement then - just ESOL was. I think LITUK requirement came in at the end of 2013.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:46 pm

No, ILR has been a requirement for a few years now. But as she did ESOL, she will need to do LIUK again separately.

You don't need proof of address.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

imranh

Post by imranh » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:52 pm

CR001 wrote:No, ILR has been a requirement for a few years now. But as she did ESOL, she will need to do LIUK again separately.

You don't need proof of address.
She got ILR early 2013 but life in the UK was not a requirement then for ILR. She did Esol as per requirement then. For naturalization she needs to do life in the UK test.

2 Valid proof of postcode to verify your address[close]
You must bring proof of your postcode to your test, and this must match the information you entered during registration. From 1st January 2015 candidate proof of postcode cannot be any older than 3 months prior to the date of the Test. We will not let you take your test without this proof, or if it older than 3 months and we will not refund your test fee. This proof should be an original of one of the following documents (photocopies or printouts will not be accepted):

As per LITUK website https://www.lituktestbooking.co.uk/eass ... eed.action
gas/electricity/water bill,
a council tax bill,
bank or credit card statement (a printed copy of a bank statement is acceptable however it MUST have been stamped and signed by the issuing branch),
UK photocard driving licence,
or a letter from the Home Office with your name and address on it.
You won't be able to take your test without the above documents, so please don't forget to bring them with you.
But it doesn't say when they have to be in the last 3 months only. We have a quarterly bank statement which last one was in June and we have a monthly BT bill which we have until November

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:34 pm

She got ILR early 2013 but life in the UK was not a requirement then for ILR. She did Esol as per requirement then. For naturalization she needs to do life in the UK test.
You misunderstand. LIUK has been required for a while (I had to do it January 2012).

Apologies, I was referring to proof of address for naturalisation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
You misunderstand. LIUK has been required for a while (I had to do it January 2012).

Apologies, I was referring to proof of address for naturalisation.
LIUK has been around since 2005 and has been one of the criteria is applying for ILR but I believe it was not entirely compulsory to do so as there was an option to submit ESOL instead of LIUK. Not sure about BC, but for ILR it was an option.

It was from 28 October 2013, both LIUK and English B1 are required for apply for ILR/BC, prior to this date, you had the option to submit either one.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided