ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is money spent on a business always a "director's loan"?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JohnOhn

Is money spent on a business always a "director's loan"?

Post by JohnOhn » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:06 pm

I have a question:

Is money spent on running a business always a "director loan"? Can it ever just be an "investment"?

Let's say an individual (John) owns a legally registered company (John Limited). John transfers money from his own bank account to his company bank account and then John spends this money from his company bank account on business costs.

Is that a "directors loan"? Does it need to be? Can't it just be considered an "investment"?

I ask because I'm trying to figure out if a directors loan agreement is required if I, as an individual, transfers money into the bank account of the company I founded and solely own. If a director's loan agreement is required it would literally be me signing a loan agreement twice.

Thanks!

Fazer_1985
United Kingdom

Re: Is money spent on a business always a "director's loan"?

Post by Fazer_1985 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:38 am

@ John,

Money transfer through your personal account to business account can be taken in two ways.

1) director's loan
2) Share capital

for director's loan, i think you have to have a accountant and its not possible without involving accountancy firm.
and if you dont keep it as director's loan, it will be share capital.
Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day. Stay positive in Life, Allah knows what is best for you!!!

Expatinlaw
Newly Registered

Post by Expatinlaw » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:58 am

[quote="Fazer_1985"]@ John,
i think you have to have a accountant and its not possible without involving accountancy firm [quote]

Could you please expalin why it is so? Why John cannot just ransfer his money from personal to business bank acc under the Director`s loan Agreement?

Expatinlaw
Newly Registered

Post by Expatinlaw » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:59 am

Fazer_1985 wrote:@ John,
i think you have to have a accountant and its not possible without involving accountancy firm
Could you please expalin why it is so? Why John cannot just ransfer his money from personal to business bank acc under the Director`s loan Agreement?

Fazer_1985
United Kingdom

Post by Fazer_1985 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:20 am

@expatinlaw

I did not say that he cant transfer his money, its his money and he can transfer when ever he wants. I meant when you transfer money in your business account you need to show it as something e.g share capital or directors loan at the end of company financial year or when you do you accounts.

One has to mention the money transfer is share capital or directors loan. Correct me if I am wrong.
Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day. Stay positive in Life, Allah knows what is best for you!!!

smart_gem
Newly Registered

Post by smart_gem » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:27 am

A director loan usually stands as a short term transaction
If the balance sheet shows it as a long term investment then it is ok. The most appropriate approach is to increase / decrease issued share capital whenever money flows in or out from director's personal account to business account