ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About to lose my job due to Residence Card expiry

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

palmoil
Newly Registered

About to lose my job due to Residence Card expiry

Post by palmoil » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:21 pm

So, the company I work - a big broadcasting one... - for is about to terminate my contract due to the expiration of my Residence Card.

I'm applying for the PR now, but still don't have my CoA back.

I can prove that my wife has been exercising Treaty Rights, sent HR copies of the documents, pointed them to many legislation links and tried to explain the RC is just a confirmation of rights and it's expiration doesn't mean I'm not allowed to work.

They didn't really seem to care and sort of ignored all my emails, always "auto-replying" a list of documents I needed to provide, which includes biometrics (which is not needed for EEA applications, right?)

It still seems like my contract will be terminated, no notice, no pay.

1. Am I wrong?
2. If I'm right, what else is left for me to do?

vinny

Re: About to lose my job due to Residence Card expiry

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:39 pm

You are right.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

palmoil
Newly Registered

Re: About to lose my job due to Residence Card expiry

Post by palmoil » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:04 pm

Thanks for the link Vinny!
Glad to know I'm stressed/irritated for the right reasons.