ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visitor visa for parents, sponsor visa is expiring

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

praghavendrapraveen
Newly Registered

UK visitor visa for parents, sponsor visa is expiring

Post by praghavendrapraveen » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:07 pm

Hello all

I wish to invite my parents to UK on visitor visa in March'15 for 6 months. I am currently on Tier 2 ICT with visa validity till June 2015. So my parents can get the visa only till June or for 6 months duration? What should be the duration they should mention on visitor visa?

Thanks

ban.s

Re: UK visitor visa for parents, sponsor visa is expiring

Post by ban.s » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:26 pm

visitor visa is usually granted for 6 month irrespective of the duration of visit.

So even if they mention duration of visit lesser than 6 month they are expected to get a 6 month visa and can stay until the expiry of visa.

Alternately, if you can mention in your letter that your current visa will be extended in due course.