ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If I get Tier 2 General in 2015, will I be eligible for ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vkumarkulkarni

If I get Tier 2 General in 2015, will I be eligible for ILR

Post by vkumarkulkarni » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:31 pm

Dear All,

If I get a new Tier 2 General for 3 years starting from 2015 and an extension in 2018 for 2-3 more years. Will I be eligible for ILR?

Cheers,
Vin

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Re: If I get Tier 2 General in 2015, will I be eligible for

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:09 pm

Your question is way ahead in projection.

If you get your Tier 2 general in 2015, then you should be ideally eligible for ILR in 2020. NO ONE and I say NO ONE can guarantee what immigration policies might exist then so this question cannot be answered I am afraid.

vkumarkulkarni

Post by vkumarkulkarni » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:31 pm

Hi Sheffield_Marketeer,

I completely agree with you and respect your thoughts as well. Its all UKBA driven :( ...
However, if I enter UK in 2015, the rule at the time of my entry will be applicable for me right?
Even if the rule changes in future, the new rule should not be applicable for existing people, is what I thought.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Cheers,
Vin

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:46 pm

ideally that's how it should be. i.e. the rules in place for ILR at the time of your grant of Tier 2 should be applicable for you.

But the UKVI/ political parties are notorious for retrospective rules. which means that the ILR rules can change any time now and say some one was eligible for it in 2015 (having been on Tier 2 or 1 for 5 years since) may no longer be eligible for the same as the finish line has been moved again.

Does this answer your question?