ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long does it take to get a CoS?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ann771

How long does it take to get a CoS?

Post by ann771 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:37 pm

Hello members, has anyone recently been through the process of getting an extra CoS? I need to know how long it takes for the HO to provide a CoS (unrestricted) please.

Thanks
Ann

tier2_applicant

Re: How long does it take to get a CoS?

Post by tier2_applicant » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:27 pm

Generally 4 weeks is what they say, could be assigned earlier.

richardcja
Newly Registered

Post by richardcja » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:49 pm

Hi, do you know if your sponsor had any COS allocated to them at the start of the year.

my sponsor for some reason had 0 COS available in the current year and they could not ask for additional COS as well as there had been no current allocation in the current year.

they have applied for an annual renewal but will have to wait until april 2015 before they will hear back and my Tier 2 expires 30/4/15, so leaving it really tight.

Anyone have any advise?

Thanks

ann771

Post by ann771 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:13 pm

richardcja wrote:Hi, do you know if your sponsor had any COS allocated to them at the start of the year.

my sponsor for some reason had 0 COS available in the current year and they could not ask for additional COS as well as there had been no current allocation in the current year.

they have applied for an annual renewal but will have to wait until april 2015 before they will hear back and my Tier 2 expires 30/4/15, so leaving it really tight.

Anyone have any advise?

Thanks
Hi Richardcja

The reason why your sponsor has 0 allocation for this year is because most likely they did not request for a CoS back in December/ January 2014. As far as I am aware, your employer can apply for an 'increase of CoS' using the SMS or request the HO for an urgent CoS by emailing them. your employer can request for a CoS now but you will need to use it before 5th of April 2015.

ann771

Post by ann771 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:15 pm

tier2_applicant wrote:Generally 4 weeks is what they say, could be assigned earlier.
Thanks tier2applicant :)

richardcja
Newly Registered

Post by richardcja » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:55 pm

thanks for the advise. so i will get company to email HO to request for additional COS for current year. do you happen to have the email address for HO?

As far as i'm concerned company have already requested for annual allocation for the next year but I'm not sure what the likelihood of that being approved. They have only requested for 1 COS, renewal for my visa.

I can wait until Apr 15 but i will have more comfort knowing that there will be a COS available to be assigned to me before 5/4/15 as my visa will expire on 30/4/15.

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:16 am

richardcja wrote:thanks for the advise. so i will get company to email HO to request for additional COS for current year. do you happen to have the email address for HO?

As far as i'm concerned company have already requested for annual allocation for the next year but I'm not sure what the likelihood of that being approved. They have only requested for 1 COS, renewal for my visa.

I can wait until Apr 15 but i will have more comfort knowing that there will be a COS available to be assigned to me before 5/4/15 as my visa will expire on 30/4/15.
You can ask someone from your HR to call UKVI. They can be made aware that its a case of extension of your visa. It is very likely that when they are informed that your visa is expiring on 30/04/15, UKVI will action this well before the expiry date. The likelihood of this happening via SMS is quite good as well. Easy for me to say maybe but I wouldn't worry too much in your case.